Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Aluminum flathead crusing across america to pleasanton..pics and coverage..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gooseta2, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gooseta2

gooseta2

Well, Our final version of our fully outfitted, All Aluminum Flathead built and designed my Mark Kirby and Jon Hall....We put it in Mark's 34 ford Motorcity test car and it is being driven as we speak up to the U.P. of michigan and across U.S. 2 across America along with Shadow Rods new L.C.H.C 1927 roadster pick-ups..Version that the Street Rodder Tour truck is built off..Following are some pics of the 339 Cu. In. all Aluminum engine...it is fitted with Ductile sleeves with no leaking ( for all the nay sayers...)SCAT crank.pan has built in crank throw scraper.....I beam rods..etc.etc.. it has a fully redesigned oil pan with built in screw on oil filter or you can use a remote style...has all new redesigned and high volume water pumps....It also has roller lifters custom designed for the new engines....Built in Girdle in the oil pan....The engine will be avalible in a long block design..(you supply the intake and distributor for around $12,000) You can choose from Navarro,edelbrock.our finned or our canadian cheater repops....spider or post style distributor styles..any intake our 2 2barrel or whatever you prefer........The video is from the 1st Flathead Nationals in dundee,MI that mark had and we too this engine right off the test stand and placed it in he test car....The guys will be sending me pics from the road and I'll post them as I get them....so I will keep the H.A.M.B. members up to date on their progress.....enjoy......P.S. if you don't want to read this please keep moving...This is for people who are interested not smart asses...So please DO NOT LEAVE ANY DUMB COMMENTS..I just wanted to keep the hamb people who are interested informed...tht full story will break in The Rodders Journal and Street Rodder.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. 1 word---- AWSUM.
    Lookin forward to the rest of the story !!

3. gooseta2

gooseta2

4. Outstanding....

Tell about that engine's spex? Ie cam, compression, bore x stroke, HP/TQ etc? Pix wit the heads off ??

P L E A S E ???

Rat

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Very cool...

What were the goals?

Less weight?

More strength?

Better design?

More performance?

More cubes?

All of the above?

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely cool! I do know it is out of my price range, but I haven't always been broke! maybe some day soon!!!

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

8. So, it's not in a car driving across America? I'm confused.

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Very, very impressive culmination to a looong thrash!! Looks like you are also making nifty new pumps and a lot of other stuff.

10. pitman

pitman

If that was a starter opposite the oil filter...I'd be curious as to the built mill's weight. Very nice looking work.

11. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i think i just felt my pecker move lol cool stuff.

12. That is too cool! I can't wait to hear more about how it works out.

What kind of water temps are you seeing during the long stretches? Really interested to see how cool she runs with the aluminum block and the upgraded water pumps.

From the specs you posted, it looks like somebody really did their homework and addressed all the areas that were issues with original flatties.

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

So, your trailer-ing a motor across the USA?

Oh yea, thanks for the sneak peak of the motor........

Thanks.......

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  14. One Finger John

One Finger John

Was a dual plug head and ignition system ever a thought?

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

It's in a 34 Ford.

16. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

'We put it in Mark's 34 ford Motorcity test car and it is being driven as we speak up to the U.P. of michigan and across U.S. 2 across America along with Shadow Rods new L.C.H.C 1927 roadster pick-ups"

In the '34, his words.
    Congrats at getting this up and running.

17. has it been on a dyno yet?

18. gooseta2

gooseta2

It is in the 34... The pics are from the test stand at the flathead nationals... Kirby said it's running at about 150 to 180 depending on weather ... But all is good it got about 2000 miles on it...

19. gooseta2

gooseta2

They are sending me pics and I'm up north fishing as we speak... So as soon as I get the pic I'll post em

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Out of my price range for sure, but holy crap, that rules!

21. Reading comprehension skills any one?

As a guy who built his last flathead 45-46 years ago I'm looking forward to more information. Sure it's a high priced piece of hardware, but a great effort at improving what some would call a less than elegant engine.

Charlie

22. 19Fordy

19Fordy

gooseta2 CONGRATULATIONS to Mark and all the crew for making the dream a reality. It's awesome. If possible. please let me know when I can buy the matching 4 bbl. air claener for these heads that I bought in 2000. He knows I want one. Thanks, JIM in FL
    [​IMG]

23. 19Fordy

19Fordy

That's heavenly. Do those water pump outlets screw on to the pump?

24. cball

cball

wow, that is pretty cool!

25. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

HOLY COW, I hope he doesn't get caught going that fast!!:eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Reading comprehension joke. Best of Luck, looks awesome.

26. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what an awesome engine , i really dig the fins and design on the heads , congratulations on a beautiful engine

27. moefuzz

moefuzz

Good to hear that you guys have made it to the last stage of pre production, it has been a long haul...
    Over the last month or two I have wanted to post and ask if the engine was still alive or viable. It seemed like we had not heard anything for soooo long.
    The ads in street rodder seemed to say "coming soon" for many years, I guess it is finally here.
    Congrates on taking this project all the way into production...

One thing though, What kinda torque and hp is it making (and how much does it weigh)??

28. Simply outstanding!! Congratulations.

29. CRFyou

CRFyou

congrats on getting this done! i've been waiting to hear back on this engine.

looks awesome! i hope orders start happening for you guys.

30. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Anyone who does not like this gets to ride the bus, backwards, they might not be allowed shoelaces either. Very nice engine.