Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do, where to go at the Woodward Dream Cruise?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GZ, Aug 19, 2010.

1. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Haven't been able to go to Woodward in number of years because it has always conflicted with the show on the Beach in California. This year it doesn't and was wondering if there are any recommendations what town to hang out in, where to park the roadster, or anything else of note. Thanks in advance!

2. Rod_n_Hudson

Rod_n_Hudson
    from Michigan

Well, 13 mile and Woodward is the center of it all. It will be crazy nuts from 12 - 15 between now and Saturday. Saturday it will be close to un-drivable from 11am till they shut it down around 9pm.
    Tonight and Tomorrow during the day will be the best for cruising. Rods tend to gather at a Shell Station, east side of Woodward, North of 13mile across from Pasqualis.
    Have fun! Is that you roadster avatar? Ill look out for ya!

3. Deuces

Deuces

13 and Woodward is where I was today.... :)

4. Lucky77

Lucky77

I went on Friday night in 2008 and drove from Bay City, about a hundred miles. I didn't have any connections or a rented space so I had nowhere to park. I also didn't get much actual cruising in because Woodward was an absolute parking lot. After the third time getting over 230 degrees I saw a spot in front of some beauty salon. The second I shut my car off some lady came running out telling me I couldnt park there because her business was still open. I finally found some grassy field about 4-5 blocks east of Woodward that was a spectator parking lot. Nothing happened to the car but I was nervous leaving it unattended so far out of my sight. The traffic was so bad I never got south of 13 Mile.

I guess if you have some friends who have a spot for you there shouldn't be a problem. If not, good luck just showing up and finding a spot.