Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. duffy.

duffy.

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

What he said! :D

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks man ,now with the chop it wouldnt seem that bad , if i were to do it , it would be a 2 inch wedge chop , because what do u do with the rear glass ? on the hardtoping it the front door would be simple just throw the hrt door on and go with it , here is the tricky part . ther rear door on the hrt the glass is slanted to the shape of the b piller and that accomadate the rear raparound back window , the wagon door the glass is straight up , and there are 2 post behind the door where the rectuangler window is , so i thought get rid of that post and move the other post forward then make a slider deal on the rear big quarter window like whats on a 55-57 nomad, and im quite shure there will be more too it than just throw a set of hrt door on and cut the b post , so yah there a lot of re engering involved and im trying to get this thing finished before summer of next year , maby later down the line. :D

on the c panals , im going to start making thoes and the bottom valances for 59 as soon as i get my wagon finished , iv owned this thing for 5 years and its priorty to get it finished before aney thing else is done other than involving the wagon .

4. James66g

James66g

SUBSCRIBED ! Man you wagon is off the hook! I love what you have done iwth the hood i was worried when i was reading the description images of the chrysler sebring came to mind but you pulled it off! Have you given any more thought to the 4 door hard top treatment!?

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

Read the thread right above YOURS! :D

6. James66g

James66g

HA!! My bad Man i didnt get a chance to read the whole thread didnt realise how many guys were leaning on you about the hard top thing! I almost painted my galaxie cyber green but passed when i saw how bad the stock Vdub paint seems to loose its pigment just something to think about! Keep up the good work man I really appreciate were your heading and cant wait to see more ! I went back a few times to see the inner fenders and the wrap around for your core support and radiator surround is money!

7. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

that thing is TITS!!! (oYo)

8. Toner283

Toner283

Woodpecker, when you say C panels - do you mean the ones that the headlight buckets/mounts fit into? I looked back through the thread but I could not find mention of them. They just appeared on the car in some of the photo's.

Do you have any pic's or info on these? I need to find a set for my camino, I only have one & it is pretty much fubar. I would be interested in a set when/if you do make some. I would not need them until next summer at the very earliest so please put me on the list. I would also be interested in more details on the front valance panels

If you are not talking about the C panels that fit around the headlights then ignore all of the above. :D

9. SLAMED 59

SLAMED 59

i agree ,get it dun it looks bad ass the way it sits.
    on the rear curved glass you can sink it in the channel fairly easy on a 2 inch chop.
    see you all ready got those c panels on back order lol.

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Toner283<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5554817", true); </SCRIPT>
    here some pics of the c panals , mine were totally gone too . , i made mine to fit the upper valance witch both of the corners of that were totally rusted out also so all my stuff is kinda from scratch , so when i do start making them ill have to find an orgional set to copy since mine might not be exzactally the same as the orgionals and ide hate to make some thing for someone an they have problems , but yah as soon as i get the wagon finished im going to make thoes and stock lower front and rear valances that go under the bumper . i have my orgional set that im going to copy for them so there kinda straight forward .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. davidh73750

davidh73750

Nice work. fond of the wagons.

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

amazing work! cant wait to see this thing finished... love the 59's.. my dad just sold his 59 El Camino :( keep the updates coming!

13. Squablow

Squablow

Hadn't seen this thread before, I just have to say that I'm really impressed. Not just with the quality of your metal work, but your eye for design as well. Even the engine compartment is a work of art.

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

So here some more up-dates
    i fugared since my orgional steering box was still in realy good shape ill keep it and clean it up a little bit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after i finish this and get everything else mocked up the motor is comming out and that is getting smothed out also
    Ive also been metal finishing the front bumper to try to keep the cost down on the chrome bill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I went to a local scrapyard and found these stainless u bends laying around , they had dairy stamped all over them , they were the corect size i needed to uses to start building my headers and they were half the cost of new stainless u bends.
    [​IMG]
    The stainless header flanges flanges i picked up from Ravenswood
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

16. It's fun to look at.. I see something different everytime! Thanks, Jay

17. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

i love this build. I envy your metal working skills.

18. jasone

jasone

Awesome build, I don't know a single person that doesn't love a '59 wagon.

19. frankthetank62

frankthetank62

wow man. awesome craftsmanship. I think the two-tone green idea will look great. this gives me some inspiration to get thrashin' on my 62and I definitely can't wait to see it done!

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

here are some more updates , ive been finishing a lot of small stuff and things that dont show a lot of progress

filled the bumper bolts and cont on metal finishing the bumper

[​IMG]
    I addd these flanges from the dairy tubes to the stock grill to change things up just a tad bit and since im running the stock grill why not chance it so the average persone doesnt know they didnt come like that .but i guess thats what this hole build is about to enhance the look without going overboard .
    [​IMG]

here is what i started with for the headers and the flanges for the grill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    in progress
    [​IMG]
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=450><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>cody's pics 001</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont align=left>Edit Picture
    Add to Group
    Report Picture

Picture Added Today 09:05 PM
    Added by WOODPECKER </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont align=middle>
    Picture URL
    <INPUT style="WIDTH: 400px" dir=ltr class=bginput onfocus=this.select() value=http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5056&pictureid=229155 readOnly size=30>
    BB Code
    <INPUT style="WIDTH: 400px" dir=ltr class=bginput onfocus=this.select() value=[​IMG] readOnly size=30>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

21. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

22. Buzznut

Buzznut

I'm digging the sidedraft set-up. Nice ride!

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks for all the kind works everyone ,it realy means a lot .

24. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

nice looking work !!!!!

25. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Damn man, top notch. Really inspiring build, I can't wait to get back in the garage!

26. gwarren007

gwarren007

27. sololobo

sololobo

Man, I am diggin this build. Tasty hood idea, you kept the bad ass front vents, cool. Really dig the in-line usage, that intake is insane, perfect! Thanx for sharing your ride with us. I think the 59's look chopped from the start, I have seen one with a lowered lid and it seemed out of scale, could have been the way it was done. Power to you friend, I admire your skills, exceptional work bro. ~Sololobo~

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks again, everyone .

29. hemifarris

hemifarris

It just keeps getting better and better.........Mike