Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowered the Caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ville, Aug 3, 2010.

1. I still do that to most of my cars. Did 2 or 3 inch blocks in the back only of my 57 Pontiac a few yrs ago, which put the ass a hair lower than the front. Looks like it's accelerating all the time. And recently lowered the back only 3" as well on my 60 Pontiac. Yeah, I know it can be lower. But, I like being able to get in my driveway to the garage instead of leaving her in the street for the thieves

[​IMG]

2. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

That car is way too pretty to sit outside.

Looks like I'll have to pay you another visit and get the ass lowered a bit more.

3. Oh, it stays inside;). It was just out for the pic.

4. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

That looks f-ing killer! Let me know how it handles though I dont think I'd be able to get into any parking lots with the nose that low.

5. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

Yeah man I know what you mean by getting in and out of parking lots, I do scrape a bit, but it actually handles great rides really smooth.... It was just temporary until I can afford to bag it. I actually took another quarter coil out of the back today and I probably could have went another quarter but I want to be able to get out of my driveway! Ha!!! Thanks for the compliment I love the 64 too!!! I was close to getting one myself....:cool:

6. OK, I lowered the back one more inch. Now, before you tell me it's got to be lower, keep these things in mind.

1-The guy is a new customer that came to me very recently, telling me the prior owner lowered it way too low and it rode like shit. I didn't want to go "there" again, ruining the new coils he paid someone to install in all 4 corners.

2-He told me to use my judgment. My judgment says, any lower in the rear and it will look like he's taking a load of trash to the dump. (Plus, ya need to think about how it'll look with friends in the rear seat, or a trunk full of stuff for a weekend trip)

3-He's thinking of someday getting smaller tires. Based on how HUGE these are, it can come down quite a bit when he changes tires.

4-Are ya still with me? We can always go lower;)

[​IMG]

7. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

I'm diggin it dude! and you're right about getting even lower once the tires are swapped out.

8. Want2GoFaster

Want2GoFaster

Has your customer driven it yet? If so, how does he like the ride? Just my opinion, but I think the front should come down some. To really know if it is "there" or not for him I really think he should get the tire/wheel combo he was thinking about and throw them on. If he can't spring for it yet maybe he can "borrow" a setup from one of his buddies and see what he thinks.

9. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

those tires are cartoonish looking to say the very least. get some decent looking, appropriatly sized rubber on that thing & see where she sits.

10. Get rid of those spats and look at it then. Damn tires make me think of the pimp on the Rockford Files.

11. Hey Groucho looks much better. Now just drive the hell out of it

12. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i think it sits perfect and looks great!!. those tires are big, yes, but look like clouds!! just like how a caddy should ride!

13. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

I just picked her up and I gotta say it looks pretty damn good! Again my plan is to later bag it but it's not in the near future. 70 mph on the freeway (So Cal freeways that is) and it still rides like a caddy.

Now once I change the tires to some normal looking ones I'm sure I'll get another inch drop all the way around. As for right now I'm just enjoying driving it.

Attached Files:

14. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

no, dont!!! those tires look like clouds! more white outweighs the lower profile

15. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

Yeah looks better!!!! Time to Cruise !

16. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

Thanks Dude! How's yours doing so far?

17. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

So far so good! Just been cruising it , trying to put some money away to bag it. A little low in the front so my approach on drive ways and dips has changed a little bit. Other than that i'm diggin it. What's next for the 64?

18. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

Oh man what isn't next for the 64. I want bags on mine too but after getting a few quotes from fellow HAMBers I realized that I don't have the proper funds for it yet. Plus I'm good with the stance for now so it's not a major priority. Maybe few weeks down the line I'll get some light pinstriping too. What do you have planned?

19. billys54

billys54

looks way better

20. I think the car looks good. I also think bags are not really where I'd spend that money and feel I got the most bang for the buck. I'd get over that and flake the top and do some interior upgrades with the $$....or something

21. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

Yeah I think GROUCHO is right if you are happy with the stance ( I think it looks sick )put the money that you were gonna use for the bags into something else you want. I also want to put some stipping on mine nothing too crazy though, mine needs some paint and body work too but I really want to bag it. I have a long list but limited funds.....

22. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Please make an informed decision about 14" wheels and what YOU want your car to look like. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with putting on 14's but know that it will look much more like a lowrider and less like a mild custom. Yes the car will sit lower, and I love low, but just 'cause it's low doesn't mean it's better. Those tires are big but in my opinion 14" wheels look too small on such a big car.

The car looks good, drive it.

23. Want2GoFaster

Want2GoFaster

That pic says it all. Looks good sitting there.

24. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

I kind of have to agree with you on this, I definetly don't want the lowrider look, don't get me wrong I love lowriders but it's just not the look I'm going for. I'm looking into getting some 14" loaners to mount just to give me an idea of what it can look like. As of right now I'm having one hell of a time cruising in this boat. Like I say to most of my friends, it's like taking your couch out for a drive.

25. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

Here's and update on my Caddy.

Recently decided on a tire size that I was happy with (215/70/15). Picked up some stock '64 hubcaps, adorned them with 3" bullets and here is how she sits today.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      336.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      363.6 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      346 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      315.2 KB
      Views:
    • bullet1.jpg
      bullet1.jpg
      File size:
      168.5 KB
      Views:
  26. Want2GoFaster

Want2GoFaster

Great choice! The further-away shots look like the hubcaps have fins all the way out, but the close-up only shows them on the center of the hubcap. Is that just a reflection of the center to the smooth surface of the outer portion?

27. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

It is just a reflection, the fins are only on the center of the cap.