Register now to get rid of these ads!

to swamp cool or not?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, Jan 30, 2005.

1. marq

marq

2. I like it. Anyone else???

3. Hey Marg.......I don't understand what your getting at with the question but the truck looks kool!!

4. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I double dig it. I'm looking for one for my truck too.

5. tanker1

tanker1
    from OK

Looks fine. I have one that I put on the old 55 when the notion strikes. Older folks will know what it is, younger folks won't have a clue! One young teen wanted to know why that mail box was on my car! I don't fill it with water, just for display. We used them on old cars when I was a kid. Still debate if the "swamper" was better than the tub of ice in front of the freash air vent or the wet towels hung over the side windows! Course you need the canvas water bag to hang on the front end! They seem to be the in thing for low riders. Saw a guy buy up 3 or 4 of them at a swap meet to take to Calif.

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Why not: It will be harder to see and your passenger may not like it when it is blowing...but they can ride in the back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

yes, i like it....i think i want one for my car.

8. marq

marq

Boones how did you get my photo to show it wouldnt do it for me......Marq

9. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

It's different,interesting, definately adds somethng to the truck. I'd go for it.

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

Just be careful. I put one on my ranchwagon with no bottom bracket and backed out of my shop and broke the glass !!! It needs the bottom brackets !!!

11. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I nearly burned up trying to prove they worked ok. I guess if you have low humidity it will work better. Looks good though. TP

12. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Thats funny! A guy had me ride in his truck for an hour trying to show me how well his worked,never did work.:D

TP I see your from Conroe TX? I had a motorcycle roadracing bud from there by the name of Edwards, He rode a little better than me.:eek:

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Marg............I am not Boones........ :p and I bet we are BOTH glad.....but you most likely need to go to the User CP (next to the home) under HAMB........
    and edit your options....way down the list is Miscellaneous........there are three levels of editing skills........

I set mine on Standard editor and then you can post a hosted Photobucket photo.......just like before the BIG redo.......

:D

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Randy, you may not wish you were Boones but If I was you I would have two 32's...

As for posting, I just did the standard [​IMG] before and after the pic data...

15. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From personal experience, if you plan on actually using it any place other than the Sahara or Mojave deserts, fageddabodit !! It will cool the interior slightly while moving, but as soon as you stop, even for a minute, the interior will become a freakin' rain forest with humidity. Add to the fact that your vision out the passenger's window is greatly diminished and they get a rating of -3 from me. Hang it on the side at a show or whatever, but don't plan on actually using the thing - they suck. Mine lasted on my coupe for exactly one afternoon's ride, then was removed dried & cleaned and sold on Ebay. Never regretted getting rid of it.

My 2¢ ;)

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Come on Paul, use it! It's England for fakes suck, who else has one? They are REAL REAL REAL (did I mention REAL?) popular here with the Mesican guys. No not the lowrider, flaked 60's Impala's with chain steering wheels kinda Lowriders, but the Bomb driven, 6cyl smokin, cherry bomb kinda lowriders. You know the ones with coon tails and visors, fender skirts and curb feelers. Cept they paint theirs and then airbrush on club names or pictures of the car(s) in like a desert scene. I think they are waaaaay cool. Dunno if they work but oh yeah ITS ENGLAND!
    x
    Brandy

17. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Yes,that is true....but you would be 20 years older, hairier and 40 or more pounds heavier

:eek:

18. Terry

Terry

I like it! I run mine all summer long and it cools really well. Makes a big difference and draws alot of attention as well.

19. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

real nice......................... thtas all i can say...... real nice

20. You will have the coolest looking truck in Luton...thats for sure :D

I think it looks GREAT!!

Dave

21. Hate to say it but I think it ruins the look of the truck, I never was a big fan of those things as they look like a JATO unit (jet assisted take off) hung on the side of the car. They certainly do not say "hot rod" to me. On the other hand the truck looks just plain badass! Hope I get to see it in person next time I'm over.

22. marq

marq

23. marq

marq

Still cant post actual photos i bloody hate new stuff......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

24. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

They will definately work better in dryer climates than humid ones. I was thinking you might just chunk a block of ice in there.

25. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I think they work best in low humidity. I looks stupid if you use it for "display' only. If you turn it backwards,will it suck the farts out,and cleanse them with a mist of refreshing water??:D

26. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

marq, i love your truck, but i just dont think it looks right. I think they look better on 50's cars. after all, Hot Rods dont need air conditioning! :) By the way, your truck has made alot of progress since i posted those pics for you a while back. It looks great.

Nick

27. It's cool, use it! Very retro and most people won't even know what it is. Great Truck too! Very inspiring, I'm building a pickup also. I think this is my new screen saver! like the stakes!

28. marq

marq

thanks for the positive comments on the truck and thanks to those who posted a reply.I do think they look cool but maybe not on my truck so i have decided i'm gonna either sell it or swap it for something cool............offers it's only gonna cost the postage for a swap......why?....Marq

29. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Hell ya I dig on it, I just picked one up for my 54, gotta luv them there coolers!!!

30. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

-----

Attached Files: