Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dropped the 47 what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaco, Aug 18, 2010.

1. jaco

jaco

Had this car for about a month now. I worked on it and got it running in time to drive it to the Nats a few weekends ago. It ran and drove great without a hitch.
    When I got back I started to work on the look of the car and changed the wheels. Better but it still didn't have THE LOOK. So out came the tools and this is what I came up with. I can still add 2" dropped spindels in the front and can get the back down with a little more work. What do you think? Still a long way to go yet but I think it has THE LOOK now. May still need different wheels.
    After a little work
    [​IMG]
    at the Nats
    [​IMG]
    Different wheels
    [​IMG]
    front down
    [​IMG]
    both ends down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. big creep

big creep

i like it low! dont know about the wheels? doesn't look bad, but i think steel wheels with a stock cap is more my flavor. and keep it low!

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

yep. steel wheels.

4. Right on man, It's coming along nicely What are your plans next?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010

5. I like the low. I think I agree with the steel wheels idea. Looks a little too pro street. But that's just me!

6. I'd drop the rear a touch more and maybe different wheels, definite improvement over what started with.

7. jaco

jaco

Yea i am thinking steel wheels also. I have started frenching the taillights ( you can see the cans in the rear of the car) problay looking at removing the center strip on the windsheild and put in one piece side windows. Other than that I may add the side trim back and do away with runninboard trim. Also I don't like the way the lower front of the front fenders run uphill. I think I will split the bottom of the fenders and reshape the lower portion of the fender. Should take away the uphill look.

8. SQUINTS24

SQUINTS24
    from Monrovia

+1 for steel wheels, nice pilothouse in the background too

9. bikersteve

bikersteve

Definitely moving in the right direction

10. NICE.....I like the stance, maybe change wheels to steelies with stock caps.

11. chris55

chris55

She looks a lot better low. Another vote for steel wheels and caps, and a vote against removing the center piece on the windshield, and the wing vents. But whatever you do, it’s still a great looking car, nice job.

12. Lakeshadow

Lakeshadow

I'm partial to steel wheels. As the Blackout runs stock 08 Dodge Police. And my Kia Boy run's stock steels, with whacked factory caps...

Attached Files:

13. big creep

big creep

X2 keep the center piece on the windshield!

14. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

^^^Shit ! A 4 door Kia?????/#@%$@!#$%what are you thinking????

15. Lakeshadow

Lakeshadow

a cool mod by I, of course. Daily transportation, I guess. I'll fabricate as brilliant, nevertheless, wouldn't bother to fink what you think!

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Nice looking coupe, I also like your hamb name.

17. Muttley

Muttley

Dude, you just admitted you drive a Kia...........on the HAMB of all places.

[​IMG]

18. outlaw256

outlaw256

i like then stance and the wheels. when i was a kid everyone put on a set of cragar or keystone style wheels. and that was a long time ago.

19. 3 inch drop across the board and lose the wheels. skinnies in front, fatties in back.