Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage symco shakedown 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willie57, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

No problemo!! Just thought it was cool!

2. Just a few notes from the weekend. We drank ALL the available PBR in Waupaca County, no joke. They ran out twice and cleared out all the walk-ins in the county of PBR. Somewhere around 80-30 packs.....that's 2400 cans of PBR kids. They also ran out of water. The food stand ran out of EVERYTHING...brats, burgers, bbq, walking tacos, hot dogs. They went through 300 lbs of burgers. I haven't got all the numbers in yet, but it is pretty impressive for our second year.

3. Doug Oliver

Doug Oliver
    from Bangor, WI

Does anyone know who won the flathead engine given away?

4. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

What a great show! Cool location, good weather, and fantastic people! A lot of people worked hard to make things run smoothly, and every person I talked to (old friends and new ones) were having a great weekend. Thanks to everyone involved!

5. krooser

krooser

Yep... I don't remember his name but he was one of the volunteers (I'm sure Cliffy knows). He's not sure what he'll do with it... he doesn't have an appropriate car for it but he may just build one for it. Otherwise it's for sale.

6. Blown 61

Blown 61

Took my son and he had a great time, much bigger then last year and was a fantastic show, thanks. :) Maybe next year I will drive my shitbox there.

7. Thanks everyone, looks like it was a great time, terrific pics!!

8. Yummy

Yummy

Wow, they didn't learn from last year?
    So if you were a betting man would you have won your bet?

9. fancyboy

fancyboy

What an awesome time! The New Directions were honored to be a part of such a beer filled, fantastic weekend.

10. I was told yes.

11. We had a great time! Thanks everyone for a great show. I had fun street racing you Cliffy. I used more race gas this weekend than I do drag racing!:D
    I need to download the camera yet. When I do I will post a few pictures.

12. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

13. Thanks for the pics!

14. Squablow

Squablow

Last year the radiator in my '55 shit the bed on the way home but this year my '64 Olds made it there and back without major incident, so that was nice.

Weather was nice, good turnout, got a couple good deals in the swap meet, and I'd bet next year will be even bigger. I'll be shopping around for a vintage camper over the next year, even if this show is the only place I'll use it.

If any extra staff shirts turn up, I still want one. I worked the spectator parking since apparently that's where I was most needed, but I GOT DIBS on the front walk in gate for next year, I'm calling it right now!

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

sorry John, but you're MY bitch again next year :eek:

tell mike you need a staff shirt, i believe there is an order in the works... of all the things that happened over the weekend, the "disappearing staff shirts mystery" really torqued my nuts tight

16. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Wasn't the meet and greet during the mini-bike drags?
    There definitely was no loss for things to do this weekend Cliffy. If a person went away feeling overwhelmed guess what, they were!! In a good way of course.

I'm just starting to get where I feel normal again, as normal as I get anyways.

BTW, did anyone see the guy using the porta-pottie as a sofa at the Boondocks Sat nite? WOW

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Looks like you guys had another great show! Sorry I missed it, but I'll be there next year

18. No, but I saw someone wearing a wife beater and a R/W/B helmet on causing some ruckus in Boondocks! Where is the pic of the sign outside Boondock's? I will have to find it. The owener told me yesterday that they watched you guys change the sign and were laughing the whole time.

19. Yeah, thanks Paul. I broke my rear end for the SECOND time this year! Looks like my trip to the HAMB drags is shot for this weekend. :(

20. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I think he meant to say "excluded" many rat rods. haha

21. Honeyhush

Honeyhush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pics by Joey D. :D

22. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Now Thats Funny!!!!...And to think...they look forward to us all every year!
    ;0

23. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

There you go Cliffy

24. TheFish

TheFish

Well I am gonna tell ya rite now that I had a blast. Thanks to the Vagabonds and every other person that I may have met. I still don't remember much. We have come to the conclusion that it may be wise for me to get a video camera so that the next day i can rewind and recolect what I did, who i met and so on. Thanks everyone for all the fun. I can't wait till next year.

25. If anyone knows who did the burnout on the bridge on Sat, they need to come forth and lay claim to it, because Larry Werth is SERIOUSLY pissed and talking about not letting us back for next year.

Also, thanks to whomever stole my music poster out of the dance hall on Friday night and the two posters and banner on the bridge Sat night. Very upstanding of you. Thanks, because I gave those to VERY hard working VOLUNTEERS who are serious assets to the show. I won't ever put up anything nice again at the show because of some asshole who thinks it is okay to take things that aren't theirs.

I am offering a $100 CASH reward to anyone who turns in the person who stole the banners off the bridge when those banners are returned.

Far as the burnouts, if you don't come forth, we won't have a 2011 Shakedown.

26. must85

must85

told ya that would be a good idea

27. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Cliffy..you can measure the width...If it was me id be braggen:)...Hope someone admits it...it would be a shame to piss off a wonderful person as Larry!!...Hope ya find em tho!!

28. Honeyhush

Honeyhush

i didnt know there even is a bridge.

If we cant scare up the perp and we bite the bullet lets pick a day and scrub it down with something.

i live close enough, and i would be glad to help cleaning it off somehow.

29. redhawk74

redhawk74

Thats really to bad someone did that. Its unfortunate for everyone. If my 51' could do a burnout, it wouldnt be on the bridge......

ill Second the notion honeyhush made about cleaning it if, if the violator doesnt own up.