Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Chevy Rear Bumper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retro54, Aug 18, 2010.

1. retro54

retro54
    from PA

I'm posting this as a last ditch effort...

I'm looking for a little bit of information if someone is so inclined. I am looking for a great source of NOS or Original Re-chromed bumpers, specifically a rear 3-piece bumper for a 53/54 Chevrolet Sedan.

I have called around to just about all the 53/54 parts suppliers I could find and have not had any luck, and was at first holding out to find a real nice original one.. but am now realizing that may be a pipe dream... and many folks on here have offered their good and strait cores to me, but I was hoping to find a bumper with excellent original chrome...

Does anyone know of any real good quality replaters who sell original replated bumpers? I'm thinking my best bet might be to find someone like this as a parts source, not necessarliy someone who deals in only chevy parts. And I would feel better purchasing from a shop with a great reputation.

Thank you in advance for any insight or advice.

2. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

3. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

4. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Looks like the Bumper Shop only does plating? That would be good, except I'm looking for a replacement due to an accident... it's a bummer, but that is why I need a strait original bumper... Looks like the bumper shop is a quality place though!

5. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Go to Chevs of the 40s. They are selling new bumpers for 53 and 54s. Oh and by the way, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FOM THE BUMPER BOYZ! Just so you know. Bad new and bad press. You can find enough bad shit about them to know what I'm saying.
    Dom

6. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Could try Nationalchevyassociation.com also, theyre selling repops also. If you want an original, your going to have to buy a straight core, then ship it out to a plater. May cost more in the long run than its worth to just get a repop. Not sure what the long-term quality of the repops is. My buddy got 53 bumpers from nationalchevy. Not perfect but great for a driver...just dont know how well the plating will last down the line.

7. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

The Bumper shop took an L shaped front bumper, straightened and chromed it and it came out rad.

Good info. I have no experience with them..

- Joe

8. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Has anyone ever heard of Auto and Truck Bumpers Inc. out of California? their price seems a little too reasonable for tripple plating.