Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stickylifter 54 Chevy build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stickylifter, Jul 30, 2010.

?
  1. Your pants are too tight.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I like eggs.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Earlier this year I traded my '50 Fleetline to a club brother for his project '54. This '54 is about as taken apart as it can get. :)

The plan is a ground-scraping traditionally styled custom with 11 tooth grille, sombreros on wide whites, and a two tone white and orange or maybe rootbeer paintjob with white tuck and roll. Dash is a 60 Chevy.

Here are a couple of cars that vibe me.

Mark started the chop and notched the frame before I got it. The Mustang II crossmember was in place, but needed to have gussets put in and the lower A arm mounts welded in.

The roof keeps the stock profile and moves forward with slanted b pillars. The longer decklid and package tray from a hardtop car will make up the space.

2. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

I am not totally sure I understand your poll. Now I think that the idea you got going could be killer but your pictures don't show and I don't get the "eggs" and "tight pants" thing. Please explain.

3. My paints are too tight. Like Rigley Field during The World Series no room in the ball park.

The pics are cool but your ideas rock in a custom sort of a way. I'm leaning towards rootbeer.

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

The eggs & tight pants is kind of stupid for a poll which I don't understand so I will leave it at that .
    Now for the car , well a two tone is a must but leave the orange out of it ! Root beer and white with the root beer on top and white on the bottom 1/4 to 1/3 of the car so the darker top will make the car look even lower !The WWW for sure ! The hubcaps go go many different ways .

Retro Jim

5. For some reason, I can't upload pics from work anymore? Hmmm... Am I spending too much time on the HAMB? :)

OK, let's try that again.

Attached Files:

6. Hey I know that dude - look to Cole Fosters 54 or Rob Fortiers Blue Chebby- toothy - yes, caddy caps - yes, www - of course, Orange ??????? aint feeling it - Kustoms got to be classy - Root Beer sounds tasty and a nice flaky root beery roof sounds even nicer.

7. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I just cant get enough o that roof. 57 Caddy caps? Id snap em on a Ford Taurus if I could. This Chevys gonna be a knockout.

8. I really like the small rear window that Cole used, it makes it look more like an older british luxury car, or kinda gangster-y. It looks like he stretched the rear quarters too. I'm still thinking about doing that. Might as well do it now that I have this thing all cut up. I'll never get another opportunity to do it right? But my chop is already kind of final, so I don't want to change horses in the middle of the stream. I want to do the Pontiac side trim like Cole did. Anyone got some for sale? Or caddy caps, for that matter?

Wow, that Rob Fortier 53 is sweet! Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't seen that. That's pretty close to the vibe I want. I like the '53 headlight rings. More bullet-y. I plan to pull the side trim back, maybe not as far as he did. I have the belair trim and so I plan to keep that instead of going for the single spear (although that is really cool).

OK, maybe not orange, but tangerine?

I have to give a lot of credit to (fellow poor boy) Mark Qualls of Sled Alley Customs for getting it this far. More to come.

9. I got the driver's side package tray and the rear window channel all trimmed, patched and welded up this weekend. I'm beginning to see the flow from the original car to the hardtop package tray and decklid. It's gonna look sweet.

Attached Files: