Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stick slides up to Symco for the Shakedown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stick Shift, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Well after a few weeks of not doing anything car related I decided to drive up to Symco for the Shakedown. It was well worth it. I had a blast. The grounds that the show is held is just plain kool. Cliffy and Krooser have told me since Iola last year that this is an amazing place and they were right.

I first went to the swap and found some deals. Next I headed down vendor row and found many HAMBers there. I was not expecting vendor row to be this good. Lots of kool things in this area. Then it was off to the cars.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

There were some very nice cars there. I think the location makes this show a must see. There was some kool buildings with lots of things to look at. There were some good photo opportunities at this show. In a lot of pics you good get some interesting back ground.

I think the volunteers did a great job policing the vehicles into the show. There were not to many cars that got in that should not have. I think all the volunteers did a stand up job. Congrats to all that were involved for putting on this great show.

Attached Files:

3. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

some pretty cool cars there...jones

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I did get to see some old friends and lots of kool HAMBers. There were even some HAMB all stars there too. ;) After the rushing around to see the show I finally got to sit down and relax with some great HAMB people.

Attached Files:

5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

There were some kool things in the swap. I did make a few purchases. Found some needed things and of course some not needed items.:D I think I may have purchased another project and not know it too. ;)

Attached Files:

6. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Looks like a good time, that gold 40 is sooooo tasty. Thanks for putting these up and hope to see you at the drags, it's your turn to drive to the swap. Gary

7. awesome show....
    good seeing ya again.....

and don't forget i maybe a registured 'six' offender

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

good to seeya at the show Scott - let me know about the pix of that model! Seeya soon

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

missed ya all!!!!!!

10. krooser

krooser

I'm still trying to figure out how they ran out of beer without you being there!?!?!?

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

fiddy was supposed to drink for me!!!! hope he is okay!!!!!!

12. krooser

krooser

He's in detox right now... but the boy did you proud.

13. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yep Gary thought of you when I found that 40. Wish I could make the Drags this year but I will have to take my turn driving to the swap next year.

Well don't worry breeder we talked about ya while you were not there. ;):D Don't worry we did not tell them about the sheep.

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

ha ha ha you got the goods to prove it now. Good to see ya again too. Your truck looks so cool parked or driving down the road.

Hey John I will see what I can get done this week for ya. It was cool to see you out and about this weekend too.

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

goats dammit! its goats! why do you always get that wrong!?:mad:
    glad to hear fiddy made it through! tough to drink for 2! especially when one of those is ME!!!!:eek::D

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Cool pics Scott, thanks for posting them. I love Wisconsin. Was there alot of rat rods at this show like the Hunnert car pileup or mostly traditional hot rods?

17. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

There were very few rat rods that showed up (and none were allowed in that went through the normal inspection process). The website said in more than one place that it was not a rat rod show so maybe that helped keep them away. If you see pics of rat rods in the Shakedown threads, it's most likely that they were parked in the non show areas or they came in after the gates were left unguarded. The overall quality of cars was amazing, simply amazing.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I am not sure where this whole "hunnert car pile up is full of rat rods" stuff is coming from............

I edited 6 hours of video to make the DVD and there were SOME junky cars that got in............

but people are making it sound like the Pile Up is just a big rat rod show.

This is simply not the case.

Consider the fact that there were 1200 + cars there in Morris and there were about 10 horrible cars there.

so.......if you cant look away from the 1% of stuff that got in that should not be there..........
    wow

I gotta tell ya
    I have 2 bets with 2 guys about the Hunnert Car Pile Up
    They seem to think that the new location and the past cars are going to make the show decrease in attendance.

I think the HCPU and Symco will only get bigger and better........even with a stricter entry requirement this year at the Pile Up

I think the Symco entry requirements were RIGHT ON.

I hope that we can have the same people do our entry at the Torque Fest.

I think Jeff was dead on with his ability to determine quickly who gets in and who doesnt

CLIFFY - you owe him big time - he was an INVALUABLE resource for the show.

The Symco show got it right and we are all gonna learn from their criteria!

once again - AMAZING show!

19. MissFortune

MissFortune
    from Lemont, IL

thanks for posting your photos!! it's always fun to see shots from the same show but from other people. great time at the shakedown this weekend!!

20. This is why we didn't have any rat rods.....the official Tudor Jeff Rat Rod Elimination Device.

Attached Files:

21. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

Hats off to the gate inspector, I helped out there and gained some valuable knowledge from Jeff. THANKS TO ALL FOR AN AWESOME SHOW!!

22. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Hello to all. We made it back to Kahoka MO from the shakedown. Wow !! What can I say , I had a wonderful time at this show . Vagabonds... thanks so much for your hospitality.!!! This show is allready on our books as one we do not want to miss for next year. Beautiful grounds ... what a great place for a show. Lots of great cars, plenty of vendors, swap meet, great bands, this show had it all. Thanks again Vagabonds. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

23. Great Pics! Thanks for Posting!

24. Great Pics! Thanks for Posting!

25. Squablow

Squablow

Awesome pictures, thanks for posting, I'm going to save the one of my Oldsmobile next to the railroad station.

I have a feeling that next year, you'll have to get there really early to get a spot next to one of the buildings.

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California