Register now to get rid of these ads!

Elvis Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slim Pickens, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Elvis Presley.
    King. R.I.P.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Still the King!

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views:
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

4. off-beat

off-beat

Elvis is dead???

5. rockinokie

rockinokie

6. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I was born standin up, and talkin back!!!!

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

that one impersonator is a very scary dude...surprised he hasn't keeled over yet.

9. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

10. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Elvis was hero to most, but he never meant sh!t to me you see, that sucka was simple and plain, mother f@#& him and john Wayne....

Chuck D, Public Enemy..

11. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

All his early films could have been silent films because I couldn't hear much with all the girls screaming. RIP

12. Philbilly

Philbilly

I believe he was watching the news and didn't like what they said, so he shot the tv. Elvis had 3 tv's so he could watch all 3 major networks.

13. thequietwon

thequietwon

You got your show to run, I got mine...
    TCB, baby, TCB...
    RIP Big E...and for that matter, the Duke as well...

Chuck D can go f#ck himself...

Sam

14. beauishere

beauishere

Nah, that wasn't it. He hated Robert Goulet and whenever he was watching TV and Goulet came on, he took care of it Elvis style.

Elvis was a great friend of Hawaii.

Aloha

15. The King forever........R.I.P.

16. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

No Elvis is not dead, he just went home...:)

17. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

ditto
    R.I.P the Hillbilly Cat

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess my post got deleted........

Doc.

19. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

On one of his trips to Los Angeles,Elvis spotted a black 32 Ford highboy roadster. He commented that it was the coolest car he'd ever seen and had his guys contact the owner and buy it. It got shipped back to Graceland and there are pictures of Elvis driving around with Lisa Marie. When Elvis died,the roadster disappeared. It still hasn't turned up.

20. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I was just in Memphis Airport yesterday on a lay over. There were no less than 3 Elvis stores along my walk across the terminal. There were LOT'S of folks with Elvis hats and shirts on.

I went to Graceland a few years ago and what a place! Not as big as you'd think but it was decked out! They had a couple of his tv's with holes in them in the museum. It was kind of humbling to see the kings house and personal effects just the way he left them. Most folks don't know when you walk in the front door and stand in the foyer, the bathroom where he was found dead is right above you.

21. willy3486

willy3486
    from tennessee

I was born in Memphis and knew a few people growing up that were his friends or worked for him. They all said you couldn't meet a nicer guy. He was also generous. One guy who lived down the road had something wrong with him,maybe paralized? I don't remember. Anyway he was from a poor family and his brothers were trying to keep up his family and theirs as well. Elvis found out about it and hired his brothers to work for him. Elvis paid them if I remember about 10 times the going rate to work for him. He hired them to help them all out. Another story I heard from a guy that was in the military with him was one of the guys in the barracks with him had a death in the family. He got leave to go to the funeral but did not have a suit. When he was packing up to go Elvis had a entire suit for the guy to go to the funeral. Thats the way he was. There was one guy who was a friend to Elvis before he became famous. That guy use to tell the story about how Elvis got his "shakin and gyratin" he was so famous for. A lot of the weird stuff you hear about him was I think caused by him being so famous and not being able to have a "regular" life. He would have to make arangements to go out when stores were closed just to be able to shop in peace. It had huge toll on him. If he faked his death I wouldn't blame him a bit.

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Generations from now Elvis will still be known. I wonder if the current crop of no talent, drug addicted, wifebeating, Rap Crap wannabes will be remembered in a couple of years. OK, I feel better.

Frank

23. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Dude, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

24. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Still one of my favorites!! At least you could understand his music, not like alot of todays stuff!!

25. voodoochili

voodoochili

The man is the KING!!!! Always will be!!! TCB, BABY!!!!

26. TexasDart

TexasDart

I talked with some of his family in the early 70s, they owned Presley RV sales in Southeast MO. He always liked coming to the family reunions because he could be himself and nobody bother him. He missed that the most about his fame. Just doing normal stuff. He wasn't very happy.
    Last I heard he was preaching in Ft. Worth to the homeless. With all his money and everything he was involved in...CIA...he could of faked his death and changed his looks. Plus he is making more money now than he did alived and spending a lot less. Can you imagine all the people that were probably hitting him up for a hand out....and of course being the generous person he was/is it was probably difficult to turn them down.

Hope the King has found peace. hmmm...maybe the King took his 32 with him..strange that it never was found...very strange. So will the real Elvis stand up...we know he's on the Hamb now.

Hey Jesse James faked his death and died an old man...I seen it on the History channel...so it has to be true.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  27. elvis was awesome its ashame stupid people wouldnt leave him alone so he could live a more real life he would of been around alot longer , maybe

proof of his death? the day lisa marie "married" micheal nuff said

if he did fake his own death i wouldnt blame him either

he's one of my favorites and allways will be

now john wayne on the other hand? ................ no thankye

just who the hell is chuck d?

28. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

no matter what they say about the man,his music will always live on.hail to the king!!!!

29. Elvis...the Rockabilly King....hell yeah!
    Elvis...the Vegas Geek....not so much.