Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID this find ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Dave50

Dave50

THANKS ALOT 56pochowagon I truly appreciate it!:)

choptvan cool car your building great job on it unfortunetly there are no other parts and this is a rough car was a rumble seat car to by the looks and way trunk opened . My friend scored it in the woods at a friends, wanted to use it as lawn art, (for his neighbor to look at) :D so looks like its a 30-31 hudson or essex?? The firewall is in nice shape but cowl is rough as u can see

Sorry for the lack of pics at first guys idk what the problem is again thanks 56Ponchowagon

2. choptvan

choptvan

it has the decklid! Would he sell it? I also need one of those! Ask him for me would you?

3. Dave50

Dave50

I dont believe the deck lid is there but the hinges for it are and thats why we figure it opens backwards or to us it is, idk much about these cars i will see whats left and let ya know i dont mind helping another hamber or Hot rodder out.Any other info on this ??

Thanks again 56ponchowagon

4. Definitely Chrysler, not sure about exact year but early '30s.

5. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

If it was an Essex it would have come from the factory with doors that were hung on piano-style hinges. These hinges were long and sturdy. That was a big sales feature for them. Essex adds showed pictures of people hanging on the open doors to indicate that they wouldn't sag. They probably used the same hinges on Hudsons, but I just don't recall for sure. I can't tell from the picture if I see the remnants of any hinges at all, but maybe someone with better eyesight, or a better monitor, can say. If it looks like it had regular hinges, then I'd have to go with Chrysler or DeSoto.

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Here's a '30 Essex coupe for sale on the HAMB last year.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392270

Oh, Hudsons and Essexes had dual cowl vents, too. Check out the firewall in the photos and compare with the link choptvan provided. SAME firewall, Hudson or Essex, not Mopar.

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

yer pic is too big resize that bastard

8. Dave50

Dave50

It also has that v on visor in middle