Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you call it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stupesnova, Aug 16, 2010.

1. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

Some people are calling my car a RAT ROD but I don't think that is the right term I am stumped as to what to call it maybe you guys can help.

The premise behind the build is to make it look like it was built in the late 60's and then put in a barn and forgotten about. Let me know what you think!

Jeremy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

looks like a gasser style hotrod to me... dig the ol' square body chevy IIs!

3. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

As far as proper classification I'm really stumped on this one, I know several ways it could be described but I think I will wait for some input from some of the guys who know how to distinguish some of the different trends.

4. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

Thanks!! A LOT of people like the car and what I have done with it. But then there are some who say WTF?!???!

Some people call it a P.O.S.!!!

5. why do you have to define what it is? it's not what i like , but if you enjoy it is what all that matters

6. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Not rat but like my 55 that isn't done either, I call mine a roughrod

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'd call it Yo Voy! :D Looks cool to me!!!

8. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

fuck em! it's your car, build it how ya want. :) francisco, have you ever considered a career in politics? that was the fence-straddlinest answer i've ever seen....
    i used to have an L-79 '66 that was nearly as um... unfinished as yours. loved it too!

9. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

I like it, besides I dont see any skulls or horse shoes welded to it.definately not a rat rod, in my opinion.

10. scaryfast

scaryfast

I'd call it a gasser!:D

11. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

i say we call it...... agamemnon!.... agamemnon favre....

12. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I think it's just plain cool!

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

No...83 cavalier would be a POS or an 87 econoline van. What did it run?

14. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Leave it in the barn...

15. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I could have just put btt on it, helped keep it going, I never answer these things, If I like something everyone thinks it sucks, if I hate some thing it should be in a museum. It was very fence'ie though, I'm considering a run at Guv here. If I could show you my shoulder shrug, you would love it, have a chick ask me if her bottoms big.

16. toledobill

toledobill

As George Harrison said in 1964 to the insipid US news guy when the news guy asked what "they called their haircuts".

"Arthur".

17. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

well shit frank, the 1st thing we gotta do to make you electable is amputate your sense of humor. politicians aren't allowed to have those. i'd much rather ya stay funny down here with us reg'lar folk. :) besides, if yer from illinois, you're WAY over qualified for gov..... :D and as we all know, there is literally no acceptable answer to the big ass question. none!

18. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

It looks more like a street machine, since it's stance is closer to level and the rear is lifted also. was ir originally built in the mid 70's?

19. raidmagic

raidmagic

I call it badass but if you have to classifiy it I'd go with Gasser

20. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

At the hunnert car heads up it ran a 15.39 @ 86 MPH ...with 3.08's! I have install 4.11's and a spool, haven't had it to the track yet though!

21. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

I think they sell roughrods at the sex shop!!!!!:eek:

22. Beano

Beano
    from Pa.

I don't see any "barbed wire" either ...............

23. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

That's what I say!!! There are plenty of shiney paint cars to look at!!!!!!!!!

24. sorta like Brett(Brett who), old, beat up, but still has some punch to it. at least yours is in Wisconsin

25. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Have you ever run a spool on the street? I have, not very much fun, broke a few axles. If you would not have put all the lettering on it it would be a sleeper. There was a 74 Torino that used to run in Chi town, it was red and the guys painted a white line down the center of it with house paint, right over the vinyl top. You would walk up to this car and say what a piece of S.. Now the fact is that under that chained down hood and under that flat black primer was a 460 stroked to a 600 and a 250 shot system. The car was purpose built for street racing. If you could see past the fact that the back seat was full of trash, the floors had old fry boxes from fast food and the car had not been washed for 6 years you would see the bottle the cage and the 7AL2 box, but you would never stick your head in the car cause it stunk so bad. We clocked it at the old Chicago incinerators running a 9.60 quarter and beating a Camaro with a built 454 and a 100 shot that ran a 9.80. So yes I always stay on the fence and I often like things that others don't, enjoy your car.

26. Nasty!! A lotta go and no show nuttin wrong wid dat

27. codeblu

codeblu

I'd lose the raised white letter tires on the front...that's just me. The rest of it looks good.

28. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

15 second car a lotta go?...........I would call it a rusted out pos.........

at least repair the frickin rust holes.........

M.

29. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

WHY? It is supposed to be a "BARN FIND"!!!!!

30. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

[But it is NOT a barn find...more like a junk yard find...looks more like a nearly totaled car that has an engine in it.

at least have enough pride to get some decent bumpers

Barn find?.........I have thrown away better examples than that.

Seems that everyone wants to build a "gasser"...you would not know a gasser if it bit you on the ass.

M.

=stupesnova;5546793]WHY? It is supposed to be a "BARN FIND"!!!!![/QUOTE]