Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any good samaritans in So-Cal anymore?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by five-duece-chevy, Oct 31, 2008.

1. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

Yea!!!!!!!!!! Right on! Thank you guys sooooo much for everything you did. Special thanks to Mitch for being the spearhead of this project. Never in a million years did I expect somebody to step up to this level. When I posted the thread 10 months ago I was hoping somebody could help out with getting the shift linkage hooked up right. The amount of sweat and tears (and let's not forget the $$$$$) that went into this act of kindness really gets me excited about being a member here. I also want to thank hoppy and all the other guys who donated their time and.or money to get "spoony49" back on the road. She is such a great gal and she really deserved every bit of the kindness she received. You guys are just plain awesome!

Spoony49 (I won't use your real name without your permission), Drive that car like you mean it! Glad everything worked out for you!

2. cornernfool

cornernfool

She cruised by the bike shop in it today, waving and all smiles. Thanks for handling it Mitch.

3. how cool it all came together.

4. WTG Guys, God Bless you, wish I was around to help you out some.

5. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

Car still workin' for ya, Spoony? It's been a year! Holy crap time goes fast.

6. Has anyone ever heard from her after she got the car back?

7. Yeah, no photos either?

8. there are a couple of pics on page 18....

spoony kinda went off the grid. she wasn't feeling to hot and was spending more time in the hospital than at home. she stopped by once after she picked the car up, but thats the last i heard from her. i should probably give her a call...

9. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I followed this thread while it was active and was in awe of the generosity you guys displayed. Please post how she and the car are doing!

- Joe

10. It's been so long I forgot that I saw the photos and even gave you a Kudos. I've had this as a subscribed thread.

You know where it all gets stored, Mitch.

God Bless you Bro.

11. PJKeally

PJKeally

Geeez Guys makes Me Proud to be Hot Rodder.You Guys on HAMB are Numer 1,Makes You Feel good to hear of Hot Rodders Donating Time, Labour Etc To Help out a Fellow Human Being,Thumbs up to All of You,Cheers Rebel Koolsvile.Down under.

12. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

2 years and no update? Hope she's doing ok.....

13. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

I thought you were her first contact?

14. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

Yes, but I live on the opposite coast and lost her number......I was just the guy who provided the trans.