Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** new tv series (reality rides) trailer ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bradslowmodela, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

were finally posting episodes of reality rides. this series is shot in HD and features a build up of a 1955 buick special at carls custom cars...

ENJOY :)

http://vimeo.com/14171239

all feed back is welcome.

2. NICE!
    Very well edited.

3. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That was a pretty cool and well done video, very tasteful and creative. Look forward to more. Best of luck with it. With stuff like that on TV, I might start watching it again; at least think about it anyway.

5. moter

moter

That is sweet!! Great job on the video!!

6. 41 C28

41 C28

I love 55 Buicks, but I wonder what happen to the 4th port hole it had during disassembly. As it only had 3 after restoration.

7. Hexadox

Hexadox

Well done. At first I was a little surprised at hearing coldplay, but it actually worked really well with the video. I'll have to show this to the wife later, I think it really conveys how she feels about bringing old cars back to life.

8. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I like it. Nobody screaming and yelling like some of those other shows. Hope there's a lot more episodes coming.

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

is it a Web Show or an actual TV show?

10. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was wondering the same thing. There are another 3 episodes listed on the right side in a scroll down along with several other ideas by the same guys. The Route 66 ( rhythms of the road )one actually looks better than the reality rides

11. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Always glad to see some automotive related entertainment....

12. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Nice show! Does this really come on TV? It would be nice to see this then all the other stupid stuff on Speed, History, ETC.

13. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Wow! you guys work fast..

14. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Good catch! I wonder if it had Century front fenders or something? Hell, maybe a previous owner was trying to make it look like a a Century so they added the extra one? Interesting...

15. bradslowmodela - very cool ... nice editing ... thanks for sharing!

16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

17. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Killer... same question as above. Web or TV?

18. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

the parts car which is a century was used in the filming, we used duct tape to cover the extra hole at first but it looked strange so we decide that it would have to fly the way it was. but yes we new that the average a to b driver wouldnt notice, but the hamb isnt average is it. thanx for the post.

19. brady1929

brady1929

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

Loved it!! nice job!!!

21. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

the tv show is still in the marketing stage and there will be 12 episodes. the show consists of a route 66 tour with the car, spending the day with vintage air, and winning top ten at the buick nationals in iowa just to list a few features.

the show is based off of the reality of building cars for a living and how guys like us "hamb" love doing it.

22. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

heres a few pics of the buick, the video does it no justice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  23. RichG

RichG

Will there be lots of tattoo's and screaming? Maybe some guys randomly destroying perfectly good stuff so they can show how cool they are? Ooh, ooh, how about some contrived drama, like last second deadlines or employee difficulties?

If not, I will watch it religiously.

EDIT: that car looks really, really nice.

24. missysdad1

missysdad1

Awesome! Brian has certainly picked his talent well...the crew, the cast and the car. The trailer rocks! I can't wait to see the whole series. Get it on, y'all, and get it done! Posterity awaits!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  25. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Exactly..............

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Boy, Strange isn't the word! Cover up any Buick porthole and you will NOT see Dyna flow!

Yuk, yuk. Buick humor...

27. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Ain't that the truth....just keep it real.

28. Greene HD

Greene HD

As the producer of the series and being new to the board, thanks for all of your comments!

We are trying to create a REAL automotive series that is entertaining, educational, and just plain fun to watch. I agree that reality television is not very real most of the time, our series strives to be different.

For some reason broadcasters are under the impression that unless someone is fighting with a colleague or getting run over by a bus, then no one will want to watch the show. I disagree and it appears that I am not alone.

We need as many comments as we can get if you would like a television show that has some redeeming value. I am collecting the comments from this forum and others and forwarding them to my distributors. They need to hear from the public or we will continue to get fed garbage TV.

The cast of this series is a REAL build team, made up of real automotive enthusiasts like yourselves. The build on this Buick was all actual, no fake scenarios shot simply to justify the programmers false beliefs in what the viewers would really like to see. Cudos to Carls Custom Cars and all the great sponsors who believe in what we are trying to do.

So please speak up and let your voice be heard! If you would like to see a show like this on the air, without all the fake story lines then let me know. Current planned air-dates will most likely be in the spring 2011 season. (Mid-January)

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

If that makes it to TV, I will watch it anytime it's on. We never see cars like this on TV.

30. Here is your comment for you. PLEASE MAKE THIS ON TV AND SHOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENS WHEN BUILDING CARS. THANK YOU FOR THE REAL DEAL NOT FAKE STUFF LIKE BOYDS OR OCC.

Let me know when you want to come and film in AZ.