Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. spiertb

spiertb

I've been searching for Thunderbolt info for years and happened to see the Thunderbolt photos wanted forum when I was Googling--I lurked for a while then finally (glad I did) joined. Syl

2. M16er™

M16er™

My Boss found the site about 4-5 years ago looking for old 55 Chevy parts. He passed away about 3 1/2 years ago, and I stumbled back across it looking for some T Bucket info I googled.

I'm here to stay!

3. rockguy92

rockguy92

I did a Google search for Shoebox Fords and a couple of links came up, started reading and the rest is history.
    The Rock

4. Casey J

Casey J
    from Ada. MN

Google! Looking for Model A info. Found some kick ass posts and joined shortly after.

5. JCShiels

JCShiels

I stumbled onto Rolf's A-coupe build on another site, wanted to see more build threads and found the HAMB through a search engine.

6. moparordie

moparordie
    from Colorado

I just became and Alliance Member but am also a FNG (join date of late last month) I was looking for a forum that would help me with my new project and give me a few ideas. this was one of the first sites google popped up.

7. oldcarkook

oldcarkook
    from Bahstin

I've been here for a few years and try to support the site by being an alliance member. I encourage all to support this site because nothing in life is free, including a great site like this. I have two websites that I run supporting vintage GMC trucks so my time is pretty limited. I wouldn't consider myself a FNG but I do have only a handful of posts here; I'm on the one post per year plan. Low post count does not mean we have nothing to say or offer. The fact that you can talk here like you do in your shop is a plus and its not a bunch of panzies talking about how much they spent on their hotrod which know nothing about it. This board is all about old school and that's where I'm coming from and where I live.

8. shane2290

shane2290
    from toronto

Found it looking for tech stuff ---been a great help as much as other members taking the time to throw in thier valuable 2 cents --all apreciated !!

Here to stay !
    Cheers and thanx again

9. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

Found my way here through both of my brothers. Great place to see what people are working on and what's happening in the Hot Rod world...........

10. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

I have some die hard Hot Rod customers that kept saying "You have to check the Hamb out!" They were right and I'm glad I did, there is so much talent and knowledge here it's unbelievable, thanks everyone for making it such a great place.

Dashman

11. bugfink

bugfink

i joined years ago but my computer crashed. years later got a new one but was to broke to get internet (i.e. had a kid). But now I don't pay my other bills, and so here I am!

12. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

eveytime i seareched for somethin google would always bring me here! after a few months and couple projects i sighned up! now i search on the HAMB before i go to google, but i usuallly get so deep in here im on a sifferent subject than what i was searching for and never make it to another website! LOL

13. big M

big M

I've had customers mention it the last five years or so. Very good site!

---John

14. hihorse

hihorse
    from Orting, WA

I was laid off a while ago, and finally had the time to do the research. When I was 14, I went to my first drag race at Half Moon Bay in the summer of 1966. I saw a '66 Mustang 'funny' car called 'Colt .45" and it was the craziest thing ever. I did some Googling to get the rest of the story and ended up here. Mystery solved--I got the full story on this car complete with pictures. HUGE THANKS to you guys who posted the good stuff.

15. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

i was lookin for some info on falcons and came across some great threads, and have been hooked since

16. barry2952

barry2952

Someone posted a link to my trailer project and someone here gave me a head's up.

In case you haven't seen the build, bring snacks. Not for dial-up.

http://cardomain.com/ride/340096/5

[​IMG]

17. tudormike

tudormike

I was looking for a chassis drawing of a 50's to 60's sprint car and my search brought me here. Now I look foward to the Friday art show, the Sunday models and the modified thread. I have taken notes on straight axle do's and don'ts for my 40 ford.

18. barry2952, What a cool project! I have used CLECOS a couple of few times on my Dodge, it's like having another two or three pairs of hands, I dig 'um!
    Thanks 4 Sharing,

19. rcr81

rcr81

Well I found the HAMB looking for old racing info, found and got hooked on the sprint car thread. That lead to the discovery of all that is the HAMB, which allows me to relive my younger days with all the early automotive related history....in other words I'm into 50's/60's shit...and all that was that era, racing, hotrods, hobbies, and lifestyles...and this place has it all. `

20. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

I was looking tech info, and thats how i found it! some great folks and great info!

21. DougHH

DougHH

lost my FNG user title recently but was recommended to me by some people i knew. hit google looking for some 235 mod info. liked what i read.

22. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

through another forum, kept hearing about "THE HAMB" and had to check it out for myself. I was lured here mainly for the old trucks but my horizons are expanding!

23. It was a dark stormy night in So Cal back in 2001 when a man in a long dark coat approached me........the rest is history.

24. got2bee3

got2bee3

A couple months back I was working on a 48 Buick for a fellow and needed a wiring diagram for the power locks.I Stumbled onto this site and have been coming back sense. I finally joined last week to subscribe to a cool build thread.

25. Dave50

Dave50

Lonewolf52 mentioned the site to me and i thank him alot wish i woulda searched it along time ago

26. Google search looking for info about frame boxing. Found myself returning to the site every day so thought I'd better join.

27. fattysgarage

fattysgarage

I found it through a google search and found exactly the answer I was looking for. I waited a couple months before joining even though I lurked almost everyday. Haven't missed too many days of lurking since!

28. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

My dad was a lurker on the classifieds for quite a while before he joined, then when I started getting more interested in the classic scene, I started lurking and eventually joined up.

I don't know how my dad found it.

29. Tazfink

Tazfink

From a coworker who is on here. I was surfing around looking at car stuff and he steered me toward it. My project is not exactly quite on topic (1966 Chevy C-10) with this board but I love looking around and the information.

30. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Looking for answers on the net---the HAMB showed up--been here ever since. several members have been real helpful and I just enjoy following the posts.