Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Too weird Nash Metro....chime in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bob myers, Jun 30, 2010.

1. strawberry

strawberry

noway , stay away , just ask for a test drive,

2. ScottV

ScottV

I remember seeing that one, my ex-wife liked it alot ... did I mention she is an EX ???!!!???

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

lol the guy did you a favor enjoy your car its much cooler

4. bob myers

bob myers

I really do not intend to drag out this thread, but I have an update. The Metro dude did finally call after three weeks and say he is just about half finished with wiring details. I told him that I couldn`t wait anymore and the Ford is in the upholstery shop and the deal was off. I also told him I was really glad he did finally call and it restored my faith in humanity. Now we are both cool keeping our own cars. Thanx for all input, Bob Myers

5. mickeybo

mickeybo

I wish I had the money to buy that metro because I would sell everything I got to buy it.Mick

6. mickeybo

mickeybo

Hi, If theirs three of these 36" stretched "metros" I would like to find one of those if anyone on the site has any more info please let me [email protected]

7. Dig it- as a dragster. Looks a lil' nuts for the street. But hey, if that lights ya fuse..

8. bob myers

bob myers

Here`s a little follow up to the metro saga. I decided to keep the car and it has been at a buddy`s asince last Oct. getting the upholstery finished up. I sprayed the car flat black last year and when I got the car back a couple of days ago I thought I would throw on some basic flames to brighen it up. So here is an inside shot and quick shot of a little flame work.

Attached Files:

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looks good Bob! Glad you didn't get that giant penis car.

10. robleticia

robleticia

Oh thank God you kept the '48!!!!!! Looks great!

11. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Glad you kept the '48. Looks like it has a good home!

12. X2... If it feels good go for it.

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The '48 was better before paint than the Metro, and now it's killer with the new paint!

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outside of the way too modern paint job that car looks pretty wild.
    I'm with Left Turn in that it needs a bit of making it appear to be out of the early 60's though. I'm not usually that big on the escaped from the drag strip look but I think that car needs a dose of it.

I had a 55 Metro ragtop my senior year of high school and the first year of trade school. Pain in the butt to keep together but a hell of a lot of fun to squirrel around in.

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, you've got the better "all around" car, BUT....I'm with HEMI, from early on in this thread.

Only I'd paint it a champagne color with a cream top. Dark cobwebbing all over the roof and white panel striping on the main body. Maybe a tiny little "built by _____" lettered in behind the front wheel arch. Radius the rear arches with some M&H slicks and skanky old Halibrands. 15" 12 spokes under the front. Black diamond tuck vinyl and aluminum paneling with a tiny cheapo steering wheel. That BBC would look it's best with minimal chrome, lots of aluminum, maybe a Hanna style scoop. Four small diameter tubes, flat black, peeking out from just under the door/front fender transition on each side....run individual baffles, or not.

Screw it. I'll never actually build it, but I can sure draw it.

16. bob myers

bob myers

Jeem,
    You have the plan, you need to own that car.