Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powdercoating Q ? Ready to pull the trigger!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INVISIBLEKID, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Here's the Q- I do my own stuff.Well that will fit in my oven. Bigger stuff get's sent out. Anyways... I did half of my hinges(silver) and they came out tits!:). Ready to do the front's with the springs-The hinge spring is extended somewhat now. The hinge was in the open position when removed,and will collapse,then extend again when closed. I'm wondering how durable the powder will be as to "flexability". Everything was shot/metal blasted,so it's clean as hell. I'm doing this stuff this weekend,and would hate to install everything and find a bunch of flaking.
    Curring is at 450 degrees for 20 mins. Flow out occurs very rappidly,and gassing lasts about ten mins.I still give it some time after. I've had good results,but the spring thing-expanding/contracting has me wondering. Any help is apprieciated!:confused:

Attached Files:

2. I never did them on hood springs, but have done MANY coil springs and leaf springs and never had an issue, AT ALL.

3. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

They will be fine ,powder them.

4. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

Same here . Have done coil springs with no problems.