Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Hospital Stay for Wifie & Bambino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salty, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bathcollector

bathcollector

Best of luck to you guys, my little boy was too early and had a couple of rough days. Be assured your wee girl is in good hands with the Docs, they are the shit.

2. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Awesome, glad to hear she is doing better.

3. dragster dude

dragster dude

thoughts and prayers from downunder

4. So happy to see she is progressing well.

5. nali

nali

Don t worry too much , babies are much stronger than we usually think .
    As a proof , they can cry all night and day long , while the rest of humanity just need to sleep .
    Welcomme Emma :)

6. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

any new updates on miss emma?

7. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Congrats!! Hope all is going well!!

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I just found this post.

Keep the faith Salty! She's in good hands. My daughter spent 6 weeks in the NICU and had 2 major surgeries before she was 6 months old. To say we were scared was an understatement.

I asked for prayers just like you did and she came through fine.

She'll be fine. She's obviously a fighter. My daughter is a scrapper too... she's 2 now and tiny... but she is so strong.

You have my prayers brother

9. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

My twin girls were pre-mature and had to stay in the NICU for awhile. It's amazing what they can do these days..... She's in good hands.

10. Deuces

Deuces

May the man upstairs shine a light apon her always! :)

11. dawg

dawg

prayers sent...

12. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

welp,

I took a Break for lunch and found this thread I've been putting off/forgot about....

It's been uber busy round these parts as not only are we dealing with baby Emma but we sold our house and bought a new one so we have to move too (how many life stressors can we load up on at one time?)

Baby Emma came home 7 days ago....she has stringent guidelines to follow from her docs (Like she has to poop every 24 hours....so do I though... so we all good)

She's been keeping us busy and she is quite the character...

going back to the pooping thing....for such a beutiful creature she sure does crank out some severe stench....I guess if you have bowel issues you get that right I suppose...

Thanks for all the prayers thoughts and well wishes, dont stop now as she still aint outta the woods (still looking at prospective surgery in approx 4 months or so...)

That said everything that came her way was well used.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

Awesome!! Not the poop part! :D

14. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

dude...this little girl could clear out the room of a NAVY ship (for those that are in the military you remember the room clear'ers?)

She even grosses me out and thats hard to do....

15. Deuces

Deuces

I can see it now Salt..... 16 years from now, you'll be sittng on your front porch with a shotgun scarin' away the boys that want to take her out on a date. :)

16. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Dueces,

Yup, already thought about that this is how that will go....

(Doorbell rings)

Me: "Hey buddy, you hear to pick up Emma?"

Him: "Yes Sir"

(As I sit down on kitchen counter, remove magazine from gun, remove black sharpie from pocket)

Me: (Removes top bullet from mag) "What was your name again son? (Writes name on live round) "You see that? This one's got your name on it...and he has 15 more friends right behind him...we're going to play nice tonight correct?" (loads round back into mag)

I've replayed that senario in my head a thousand times.....

17. My premature Emma is now 8 years old. You won't stop replaying that scenario! I hope your Emma keeps doing as well as mine has.;)

18. Deuces

Deuces

You got it Salt! :)

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I am living that too... my 8 year old is beautiful and will probably end up being a model some day...

I'm starting to think I need to bulk up a bit.

So glad Emma is home where she belongs. The prospect of a surgery is scary but she'll be bigger and stronger in 4 months. If she's anything like mine was, she'll decline anesthesia and want to make the first incision.

:)

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Great to hear she's home and doing well. We brought ours home last week and he needs a some special care for then next year or so but I am happy to have him home again. She's beautiful man!!!

21. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Even though it's been busier than all hell I spent litterally the first 4 days she was home holding her....

It's been a long road troop....We're happy to have her home....it's the coolest thing ever...

22. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

That's awesome, congrats.

23. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Just found this and I've asked for you to have strength and blessings for your family.
    Judt do what I did when the precious monster turned 17. Put your arm around Mr. Date and tell him that she's as safe with him as she is with you. Because what ever you do to her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm gonna do to you.
    Pay attention to the expression on his face. That will tell you if you can stay home or if the three of you are gonna have a real good time.

24. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Prayers for your Family Stay strong!

25. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

yaaaay!! so glad to hear she's home & doing better!! we will continue to pray for you guys!!

26. Congrats! That is fantastic that you got her home and life is moving forward . . .

27. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

glad to here shes home

28. mrrocket

mrrocket

Man, my daughter JUST turned one, we are blessed in her health (I think my wifes pregnancy made up for Danes health...tough). I can not express to you the joys you will have, and just when you think she couldnt get any cuter, more fun or you couldnt love her any more, you wake up to a whole new day and they get better...hard to believe.

Brings flutters to my heart and eyes to see shes home, man, congrats....there is NOTHING like kids.

29. sdfs10

sdfs10

Just had a boy 3.5 weeks ago.. His due date was Aug 14th. He was born July 20 He was a month early.. MY girlfriend got the steroid shots 2 weeks before Levi was born. He spent 10 days in the nicu. He is home know and doing great. He was 3 lbs 15 oz at birth. My prayers go out to you and yor family.. The nicu is stafed with some awesome people and they take great care off the babys!!!

30. yardgoat

yardgoat

I will remember you all in my prayers also.The hospital will take care of your wife and girl ,but please take care of yourself also,cause they need you more than ever.God bless you all......................YG