Register now to get rid of these ads!

clutch problem need help quick?/???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40hemicpe, Aug 6, 2010.

1. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

well had a friend help me so when he push the clutch pedal in the fingers are pressing inward so i am lost as why it aint releasing???/

2. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

also check the push rod and it is moving all the way out into the clutch fork....???/

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

4. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

5. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

6. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Just a quick thought but there are several length pivot balls that the fork attaches to. The wrong length and you will not engage properly.

7. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

i am using a adjustable one and i think its pretty far forward...

8. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Adjust the slave pushrod till the bearing just misses the fingers. Adjust the pedal pushrod so with the pedal all the up the pushrod just wiggles a bit in the MC's piston. You are running a pedal return spring aren't you? Do not rely on the MC's internal spring for pedal return. And I repeat if the orignal vehicle used a 13/16 MC with that slave don't count on the 3/4 one doing the job. I'm too lazy to get out my calulator and figgure out just how much % greater fluid movement the 13/16 one has over the 3/4 over the full stroke.

9. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

i re adjusted everything.. i noticed when i was pumping the pedal and holding it down i would manualy pull the clutch fork and when i did that and pump the pedal again it was harder and moved the clutch fork further.i was doing this by myself the trans tunnel is removable.so hopefully its just trapped air thats what it felt like. tomarow all day i will be messing with the car so will try to get all the air out and see what happens and report back then if that doesnt work will pull trans re do my steps and reinstall...

10. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Would be nice if all it was was traped air. Hyd. clutches sometimes bleed easy and on ocasion they can fight you for days. Make sure your line runs down hill allthe way, no upward jogs.

11. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

\

im hopeing that thats all there is..will find out tommarow.at least its good to know that when i held the pedal down and pulled the fork that it pushed out alot more and the fork traveled farther with no problem.will send back the 3/4 for a bigger master cylinder wilwood has a 1inch that has a remote jar cost a little more but if i need it then i will get.:)