Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 chrysler imperial 4 door hardtop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coloradosean, Apr 16, 2010.

1. coloradosean

coloradosean
    from Denver, CO

just picked this up. beautiful condition. been in one family since new. 413 v8 runs great. cruised at 80 mph the whole way home. has original spare and everything works (except the clock)! even has original floor mats in the rear!

replacing rear tail lenses and having the bumper chromed. unfortunately its probably going to sell soon because i dont have anywhere to keep it.

check it out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. coloradosean

coloradosean
    from Denver, CO

3. Thats cool Sean...

4. That's like the number one demo derby car out there. Chances are that's where it will go when you sell it - which is too bad. Traveling in one is like driving your living room couch down the road.

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'll go to hell for killin those in the 80's. Thats WAY too beautiful to derby.
    One of my favorite cars is the Imperial. They ride better than any luxo barge out there.

6. Hang on to it for a couple of months till the new Green Hornet movie comes out & sell it as a Black Beauty project car

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I love those cars!

8. Maco-B

Maco-B

My uncle killed so many Imps. back in derby day's. He would search 5 states just to find them. Until he derbied a 65 2dr hardtop destroyed it after 4 wins! Later he found out it was 1 of 500. Most of the fairs here won't even let you run them anymore. Don't sell it if you don't have to IMO.

9. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

10. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Crush zone? not on that car. That is what my daughter needs to drive when she is 16. It is nice to see one with the glass in it and not a extra ton of metal patching the holes from Demo Derby's. man gotta love them front ends. nice car them 413 sure have low end grunt.

11. coloradosean

coloradosean
    from Denver, CO

Thanks guys! Definitely can't keep since I already have a 19 foot caddy but I'm gonna put some love I to her and try to find a good home. Anyone have an idea of value on theseto sell for? I don't even know what to start with

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yoda says "There is no try. There is only do."

Do not fail to find this beauty a proper home. That is one sweet ride and would make a FINE mild custom project.

13. coloradosean

coloradosean
    from Denver, CO

I agree! I see flaked roof and bagged but that's for the next owner.

14. coloradosean

coloradosean
    from Denver, CO

I still can't believe how many of these were derbied!

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

what a great looking car. i looove me a big ass 60's cruiser, and man did chrysler have some interesting looking cars in that era. that's going to make someone and great driver.

16. Happy Hooker

Happy Hooker
    from Wyoming

I may have derbied one nicer than that a few years back it was a 65 lebaron 4 door with the small back window. Then when imperials got banned in our local derby, I sold a real nice 66 crown coupe 2 door ran and drove to a derby guy from another town. I think they only made about 2500 of that model in 66.

17. thayer

thayer
    from P-Hoe_Nix

I LOVE Imperials! I've looked at that car in the past and remember it being a great deal. Congrats on your buy