Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Cannucklehead.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Sugarskull, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Sugarskull

Sugarskull
    from Calgary

Hello, I'm from Calgary, Canada.

I have a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook. It's my first car and I'm trying to get her on the road. She has been up on blocks for a year now and I actually managed to get her to turn over today which made me really happy. I'd be over the moon if I could drive her before we all get snowed in for another year.

I have some great friends that have been helping me try to sort her out, but I can't always hit them up for info which is why I'm here.

I've also just started to get into auto upholstery. I think it's just about the best job a gal could ever ask for.

EDIT: Oh, here's a pic of her.

[​IMG]

Its a picture from when we first got her. There's no more pinstriping, the visor is off, she's mostly primer and guts right now.

Currently, I'm trying to find a rear end for her and have replaced the brakes in the front. The floors have also been done. Very little rust on this baby.

The engine has been replaced (prior owner) I wouldn't mind finding a flathead or a '51 hemi to drop back in her, but that would be longterm. Right now the chevy inline6 is working great. I can't believe it sat still for a year and still fired up. I have more pressing things to attend to.. like that fact that she wont stop that are currently taking up my resto time and money.

Cheers!
    Eve.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Welcome aboard Eve. Glad to see someone else that has more than 2 doors. I'm not alone. Welcome from Mayberry and get that thing on the road!!!

3. elvi411

elvi411

4. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands! Nice Plymouth.

5. screwball

screwball

welcome from eastern Ontario.

6. Welcome from Arkansas. Enjoy...

7. Sugarskull

Sugarskull
    from Calgary

Thanks guys!

I have a friend who continues to drive his Toyota because he's too cool to buy a 4 door. lol. I take what I can get. Anything is better than my '96 minivan. lol.
    4 doors just means more room for my upright bass. :D