Register now to get rid of these ads!

'65 Riviera Windshield replacement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mt94ss, Aug 11, 2010.

1. mt94ss

mt94ss

I just picked up a green '65 Riviera, A/C, power windows, seats, remote trunk, 'kinda cool car. It's pretty rough as far as paint, but the body is solid. It was an Eastern Washington car last on the road in '88. It sat in a couple barns since then as all the mouse turds show.

The major problem is the windshield. It has a hole and I can't locate a new one. :mad: Any ideas on where to get one?

The pass side trunk needs to be replaced. It's the horizontal part, so worst case I can make one and bead roll the lines similar to the original.

There a couple pictures in my garage here.

Later,

Mike

2. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

my glass guy here in vegas can get those all day in stock. just try calling one of you local auto glass company. it was way cheap to like 150 bucks.

3. mt94ss

mt94ss

Thanks Jessie. Nice car!

I guess I'll keep calling, the 4 that I did call were dead ends. One suggested calling the dealer, yeah right.

I used to live in Vegas. That's where my first '65 was totalled by a Karman Ghia when it t-boned me in 1980. I had just gotten it back from paint... so sad.

Later,

Mike

4. I'd go for the guy in Vegas, cheaper than Clark's Corvair; they are $450 there.

5. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

EBAY parts there is a guy in Californicate parting out a shit load of 63-65 Rivieras

6. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

yeah i can get a price quote again to make sure it is what im saying it is. if you shoot me a pm with your address i can check on shipping as well.