Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 lincoln build custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jessie.bor, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs

Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs
    from Las Vegas

here is a pic of a 2link like the one we did, but i never think that u bolts look clean on a custom car. so this is why we did the 2 bushings on the axle ( they are there only to stop the axle from rotating)

[​IMG]

2. 64 Linc

64 Linc
    from Vegas

Lookin good so far Gentleman! Stoked I dont have any gay-ass u-bolts hanging off my car! Good work! Haters beware.

3. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Wow, only a week in and I have never seen so many unbelievers. You haven't even gotten to the inside. Once you get there it is gonna be so bad you are just gonna stop posting... and possibly come up with a new alias.

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Looks bitchin guys!
    But that front end is never gonna work, i can see from the shadow of the a arm that is goin to be interfeering w/ the strut rod and bend, also the steering box looks to be too low from this angle, i bet is goin to disintegrate at the first pot hole, togheter w/ the bag exploding......ive seen far too many pictures of cars in my life, you better trust me....... :D

J/K, im messing around, no hate from me, i was just curious about a set up i dont know 1st hand.
    What about picts of the front set up? Or is it fallen to pieces already :D

5. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

yeah we have pictures of the front they just didn't turn out to well to blurry. i will get better ones once we run air line and take it out for a spin.

6. 64 Linc

64 Linc
    from Vegas

I wouldnt drive too far with those tires! HA

7. junk

junk

Yeah this is interesting. I have a 69 that would look good with bags. I'm also interested in how you did the front.

Looking good!

8. My son's Shoebox had a two-link. It sucked! Didn't allow the suspension to twist,like going in a driveway. All the welds broke and the cross member too! The welds that didn't break,broke the tubes. It's a great set-up for drag racing,cause the suspension doubles as a sway bar.
    A heavy car like a Lincoln will bust that all up. Also,you can't compare that to a NASCAR set-up,cause they only have about 2" of travel.

9. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

i think a video will solve all of your doubts maybe crawling up the side of a rock to get some crazy articulation shots. haha

10. Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs

Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs
    from Las Vegas

yea not sure what was up with ur sons but i know from the probably 40 2-links similar to this one that it will work and dose work. us using bushings on the axle side insted of u bolts will also get rid of some of the body roll stress u are talking about.

back in the day we use to take our cars in to a parking lot and air them all the way up and take a hard left hand turn while dumping the front right bag and see how far we could pull the left rear tire off the ground and never had one of my 2-links break (and 6 ft was about how high the left rear tire would come off the ground with the right rear tire still on the ground )

11. Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs

Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs
    from Las Vegas

also articulation is for jeeps and i got that jeep thing once and now it burns when i pee

12. Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs

Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs
    from Las Vegas

[​IMG]

here is a pic of the drag style bar were going to run to stop side to side of the axel (in sted of a panhard bar) . the one in the pic is adjustable ours will not be

13. Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs

Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs
    from Las Vegas

here it is up ( and up with only 80 psi in the front was kinda amazed how low that was)
    [​IMG]

and now down
    [​IMG]

14. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

that is a great quote. Dig the car btw.

16. 21tat

21tat

Cool. Good luck with the new business, guys!

17. 64 Linc

64 Linc
    from Vegas

I just cant wait till its done! Nothin like ridin SLAB!
    Its funny cause all the cars I work on are half the weight of this beast!

18. Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs

Dr.Slam_Jessies_Customs
    from Las Vegas

SLAB
    slab stands for Slow Low And Bangin'. mainly used in the south for any car that is fully customized (ie. sound system, paint job, rims, engine, ect).

"i'm a slab rider and nuttin less"

19. homeinct

homeinct

"SLAB" - that's ironic since these cars are often called the slabside Lincolns. So it's a slabside slab. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

- John

20. 64 Linc

64 Linc
    from Vegas

Thanks for backin me up John. My friend Dr. Slam is a jerk! lol

21. Dyce

Dyce

What do you plan on doing with the fuel tank? The car looks good laying on the ground.

22. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

it has a fuel cell mounted in the lower trunk. the stock one was rusted to hell.

23. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

well the Lincolns suspension is all done and working. took it for a quick cruise and had no problems.(other than no brakes) going to put all new brake lines on(including hard lines) fully bleed the system and then make a video.

24. 64 Linc

64 Linc
    from Vegas

Well its been a long time between posts but the Linc is coming along. Too much other life shit going on. check it out....

Attached Files:

25. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looking goooood

26. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Not a 2 link fan by any means.

Just a half-ass, cheap way of doing a rear suspension.

27. 64 Linc

64 Linc
    from Vegas

good thing nobody asked you

28. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Well, actually you did.... The 1st post, 1st sentence.

My issue is with almost 20 years of doing air ride, and knowing a thing or two about setting up a rear suspension I just can't stand the dreaded 2 link junk, and when someone ask for an opinion, I'll give you an honest opinion.

Not trying to rain on your parade, or start anything, I hope the car comes out good, but there's just a lot better way of setting an adjustable rear suspension than a 2-link, and if you are wanting to do work for other people you need to try and offer the best way of doing an adjustable set up and a 2-link just isn't it.

29. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

what kind of flake did you use? did you candy over it?

30. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

It's pretty hard to combine a 60's lincoln, lowered suspension and a flaked roof and not get a boner inducing result and you guys did just that! The lowered hieght is awesome and the rook looks great! As far as the 2 link goes, I have no clue if it's good for a street car with an adjustable ride hieght. My 63' caddy has a 3 link,(kind of a wishbone style link on the top to keep the side to side and pinion angle straight and I appoligize if I have my termanaolagy wrong). So I personally would of done something like that or a 4 link maybe. But I don't know if yours is the wrong way to do it so to be honest I don't care. Its your project, and as far as I can tell, it's coming along really good and if you've done half as many as you say you have, you won't have any problems with it. It all makes sense to me and I wanna see more pictures of the build as it keeps going along! Good luck with the shop too guys! Always happy to hear about people opening them instead of closing.