Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage +++ Up on the Roof / 2010 NSRA NATS +++

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Aug 7, 2010.

1. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I agree with you hotrodprimer, it's like a local car show and cruise in times a thousand or more.

2. This fact may be revealent,,and may not be,,,but
    I had a interesting conversation with the president of the local Classic Chevy Club (55-56-57) last Saturday night at the cruise-in they sponser in conjuntion with their yearly show.

He was telling me they opened up their show about 5 years ago when they felt like attendence was falling off and thought that would be a big boost in revenue and cars participating with the 72 and later.

That was in 2005,,,over 70 classic chevys showed up with less than 20 other cars showed up.

A lot has changed and he told me they had received a lot of flack from the classic guys and only 21 of the tri-five guys participated this year.

Only time will tell with nsra but guys like me that have been members for 30 plus years prefer it the way it was and
    I know they won't miss me,,some one else can help support their New N.S.R.A.,,,not street rods anymore organization. HRP

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

You are always my 1st & last stop ..and you know why !.......:cool::cool::cool:

4. millersgarage

millersgarage

agreed

nice shots

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This is about the same time Shades of the Past opened their event up to 1972. They had opened it up from pre 49 to 1964 a few years earlier :(

Guess what ... the car count went down when they went to the 1964 cutoff and again when it went to 1972 ... :D

Lots of different things affect a car event

1 ) year cutoff
    2 ) weather ( Louisville is always NASTY HOT and sometimes WET )
    3 ) Location ... it has been difficult getting down to the event in Pigon Forge ..
    4 ) tired of the same old location ( I am tired of Louisville KY )
    5 ) price ...
    6 ) other stuff to do @ night ... or during the show for the other half ( great shopping and eats in Pigeon Forge )

I am a Lifetime NSRA member ... My number is barely over #2,000 ... I have been a member for a LONG TIME. Being LIFETIME means I cannot protest by not renewing ... but I can stay away.

A old guy told me one time that hamburger was the greatest ... IF you never had a good steak.

That is the way I see the NSRA Nats now. You may enjoy it ... but it was better ... before it became just another large hamburger :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. greg

greg

Great pics, thanks.
    I went on sat. only. I did not register or take my 2 cars this year.
    I usually park in the grass on Sat because the lots are full and so i usually base the croud on how full the grass area is.
    To me it looked like the car attendance was maybe up a little. The grassy area seemed fuller than last year.
    Yes I boycotted the event with my cars, but it was still a great event. I will have to wait till next year to see if I go then.

7. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

To me this year, it's like listening to Little Richard's song, Long Tall Sally for years and then suddenly listening to Pat Boone's same version of the song, eeeh, it ain't right!

8. vert1940

vert1940

my take on the nats...no one has mentioned yet.the commercial tents that car clubs put up.they have been there a long time,but....this year was WAY out of hand.lots more tents than ever before.that would not be so bad,if the clubs parked under them,but they don't.they are set up,then the cars park around the perimeter,taking up twice as much room.we use to park out by the amusement park,which by the way,was closed.the tents were two thirds of the way out to it.people that had never been there before had no idea where to go,because of tent city.it was either in the grass or behind the building.we filled out complaint forms to nsra.according to them,no one gives anyone permission to set up any tents.the clubs just call and get it done.nsra doesn't want to say anything for fear of making a whole club disappear.one other item,we were told nsra is seriously rethinking the cut off...like no more sliding scale,for one thing.

9. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Thanks for the pics. If you go with a positive attitude you will have a good time even if the over 30 rule was in effect. We are offering an alternative....
    www.americanstreetrodassociation.com Please visit.
    DD

10. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

Well I DID go with an open and postive attitude and then left with a, why in the heck did I come.

11. I am a Charter Member,,CM-120,, HRP

12. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

13. I blew it up and counted 78 cars that I could see the majority of the car. of that 24 appeared to be post 48 !

14. Better try and count - I gave up at 200 in this photo!

15. SLIMLEG40

SLIMLEG40
    from ENID OKLA

Looks like a big turn out. I bet a good time for all.
    Its all about car guys gettin together i think.
    After all , those fiberglass cars that win most of the stuff
    are not real old cars either.

16. Good points, Now go here and do what is required of New Guys!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274
    And welcome