Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. CenValyCali

CenValyCali
    from Hanford

2. Vilage.idiot

Vilage.idiot

I just bought myself this truck, and its a slow process to get it done. So while it's being worked on, i want to paint the truck flat black with orange (like a safety orange) on the nose of the truck (grill, the headlights, bumper) and have that turn into flames to the doors and cowl. But after I am done working on the truck I'd like to paint it some other color, and i really don't have any ideas. So any help would be appreciated :] I just can't do the photoshopping myself.

Attached Files:

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

JamesD, thank you. Spot on!

4. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

Could you please try this in a green and a tan With Bellflowers The wife shot down the root beer and black.

Thanks again

I'm also thinking of adding the rear washboard trim from a '59 gallaxie and the stainless fender skirts.

I've been kicking around the idea of a watson paint scheme but haven't figured it out yet, I looked at the ones you did for Miss...... still trying to figure it all out.

Attached Files:

5. jabsled

jabsled

just found this thread , it is great , can someone help me with adding skirts , removing chrome tip under running board and i am painting it with ppg dp60 blue, thanks

Attached Files:

6. Green and tan - which colour where?
    Stainless fenders skirts?? :eek: Not my cup of tea at all.

It was murder working that scallop job out. There is so much going on on these cars already with all the chrome and different body lines, it was a real job trying to make it look good and not too overdone.

7. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

Yeah with the dip in the trim it really makes things busy.

The green is the main color and a tan (or buff) where the white is, please.

I think I'll do a black lace panel on the roof and maybe black fishnet on the on the side inset, on top of the tan, but I can imagine that no photoshop needed.

I might try a nice stripe like this one.

Attached Files:

8. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

This one makes me think of a Watson style

Attached Files:

9. A Rodder

A Rodder

any luck on the beauville 56 wagon, thanks Joe

10. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Hey Guys, its me again and I gotta ask a HUGE favor, I had planned on getting the bodywork & paint done this year, but a thrown rod kinda slipped me up. So this summer I have replaced the 216 with a 235, and painted everything under the hood, as well as deatil the hopped up 6. I am just about to get it back on the road and ready for the Hunnert in October. I am hoping that you guys can show me what a Watson style paint job would look like on my car, it was done before in the thread but not exactly what i was thinking. Pics of the brown Caddy have the trim/accent lines followed by the accent color. i am keeping the blue/white scheme, but want to hide the bodywork till next year, so can I beg and plead with you artists to have a little fun with a new design. Please, please, please...I promise to send pics with the best design once finished. Thanks again!!! oh yeah the skirts need to go on, and could you lift the car an inch or 3, and maybe put Blue Moon on the skirts??

Attached Files:

11. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Dont wanna look a gift horse in the mouth, but the curved lines and the straight lines just don't jive together, also something into the roof, I have a quart of blue & white paint to play with...just trying to add to what I have and have fun!!! thanks again!!!

12. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

GAZ 24-24 Volga.. ГАЗ 24-24 Волга ! ;)

Attached Files:

13. THis green too gaudy for you?

[​IMG]

I really think scallops would be overkill on this car.

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

You guys have some serious Photoshop skills.

15. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

Can someone photo shop this and make the bottom half light grey and the roof red???

[​IMG]

16. WOWSERS! That might even be too gaudy for Liberace! :eek:

17. Arrgh! My eyes..... painted by Bill Cherno.... another innocent car falls victim to the dodgy monitor on my laptop. Think I´ll tone that down a bit.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  18. A "slightly" more subdued version!!

[​IMG]

19. 'Mo

'Mo

Would anyone care to Photo-shop the upper grilles away?
    Or perhaps just the top (or bottom) halves of the upper grilles?
    Whatever you think might look good.

(And thank you to ALL the 'Shoppers for your many contributions to this thread and the rest of the Board!)

[​IMG]

20. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Gonna look pretty blunt nosed with that hood. May want to try a 47 olds grill?

21. 'Mo

'Mo

I agree. That's why I wondered about scaling down the upper grilles.

I was looking for something that someone else on another thread could do, using what he has. I think the Olds grille may be too pricey. I personally would explore other options (including raising the lower grille bar) but I wanted to keep it simple for the Photoshoppers and the car owner, just to get the juices flowing.

Thanks for your input.

22. Russian

Russian

how about this?

Attached Files:

23. 'Mo

'Mo

Thanks, Russian. I like them both.

(This is not the first time you have used your talents to assist me, BTW... much appreciated!)

24. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

Thanks James,

I think the accents could be a bit more toward the brown side, they look too yellow but yes the green is on the right track thanks.

I wish I had computer skills. (your right scallops would be too much) but I can't help think about a panel job.

I think the chrome on the front fender could be shortened. The front being over the front wheel too, might help smooth it out a little

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

The second picture with the Olds grille looks great! Its like it was meant to be there. The first one makes me think of a duck. (Sorry, Russian!) :D

26. 'Mo

'Mo

Looking at Russian's Photoshops leads me to one more request;
    Would anyone care to eliminate the lower grille bar, drop the upper grilles, (surround and all) and tie the lower pan/flare into one continuous line above the bumper? (Kind of '53 Stude-ish?) Thanks a hundred!!

[​IMG]

27. Russian

Russian

Like this?

Attached Files: