Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts not shipped? What to do?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Chili Phil, Aug 5, 2010.

1. I bought a speedometer from HAMBer Loco 52 hardtop. It's been more than a month and he won't return PM or phone calls. This speedo isn't for me. My best friend passed away from liver cancer and he left a project car. Calif requires a mileage reading so she can register and sell this thing. I'm leery now of trusting the HAMB classifieds. But, my pal's widow is stuck with huge late penalties and storage bills. I'm trying to find one locally. I gotta say: Doing a good deed can be such a hassle.

So, why'd I trust that it would be sent? Because, I've always had good luck with HAMB transactions, up 'til now. And the seller is a member of the famous Texas car club, Los CoChinos. I PMed a member of that club, but, that was a waste of time. Note to Los CoChinos, you are known by the company you keep...

Any suggestions will sure be appreciated. I just want my widowed friend to be able to get on with her life. And sell this cool project car and have it be completed.

Chili Phil.

2. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

P.M. Ryan or Curious Rash

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  3. AREA51SD

AREA51SD

What does the Speedometer fit?

4. '50 Chev pass car.

5. Chili,
    sorry you got hosed..but just fit anything in the hole and use it for mileage..hell, I've got titles for cars that had no speedo..in the mileage part of the paperwork, we just put NONE..

I've done it many times, no problems.

You have to remember the DMV is used to new cars..they usually arent so sticky about old stuff.