Register now to get rid of these ads!

Better $ deal on Billet Specialties wheels than Jegs/Summit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40 Flier, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 40 Flier

40 Flier
    from Michigan

For my wallet a little excess, hankering for a set of B/S "New lower priced line" 15" Street Smart wheels (non custom sized). Scouring the net I can't find anything less than over a grand at jegs/summit.

Suggested vendors?

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

How about a suggestion for not putting those ugly street rod wheels on a cool old ride? :eek::eek::eek:

3. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

+1 on that.

4. 40 Flier

40 Flier
    from Michigan

Heh heh, yeah I thought about that, but then seems like I've been driving on ugly wheels all my life. I figure its time for a change before my social security gets squandered on somebody who would slit my throat if they had the chance and I have to sell these to buy gas (^!

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

well if you're expecting us to be all happy for your street rod wheels you really have no idea where you are. Maybe had you should have Read This First! then did an intro. :eek:

6. krooser

krooser

What's billet?

7. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

its a new term for recyclable crap.... don't do it man! what's next? air conditioning?!

8. pastlane

pastlane

Rhymes with killit

9. do whatever makes you happy!

10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

most of the time it can be fixed with a grinder and a flappy wheel.

11. You could try chrome revers wheels. I've wanted a set for over 40 years. :D Astros also look nice, as do radirs. The raven has a set of 10x15 Radir bullet spokes they are the bomb.

Don't know who to tell you to contact. But maybe some of the wheel fellas on here can hook you up with a contact. Wheel kid comes to mind.

12. just paint the ones you have red, Maybe no one will notice!

13. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

HOT ROD TRANSLATION

"im so insecure about my car that i cannot stand to leave it as i would want it. i strive to gain the approval of my peers and am pushed to all new low levels which involve ruining a perfectly good car. on the inside i know im doing harm to my car by installing digital gauges, billet wheels and an LS1 but god damn it i need my goldchainer friends to like me, i just couldnt bear the thought of thinking on my own"

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Hahahaha! Wrong turn pal!

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Actually - do your own thing man but as I look at your car - and in my own opinion I'd suggest Black steel wheels with rings and small center caps.

Timeless in any century and less $ than the price line whatever wheels you were looking into.

I think the masses would agree but it is your car - do as you wish, not as others wish.

Again IMHO.

Cob

16. I'm a dealer for Billet Specialties, PM me your zip code and and all the wheel info and I'll see what I can do.

17. A Boner

A Boner

Why are 99% of billit wheels ugly?..........Aluminun isn't bad, it's just bad style...........even Foose and Boyd....why not copy old indy car wheels, early drag wheels ect.

Mike Curtis has made some nice wheels ( Indy style) ......I think he should mass produce his wheels.

99.999% of the "mag wheels on Craigs list are really ugly.........who buys this ugly shit new?

18. Because they have not figured out how to fuck up the last 1%!:rolleyes:

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See post one to answer that!

Doc.

20. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

you were a big wheel back in my youth if you had some of those shiny cragar ss 5 spokes!!!! what was really sweet were the uni-lug wheels with the goofy washers, that way you could mount 'em on any car:rolleyes:

21. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Hahaha, awesome.

22. The word BILLET should'nt be mentioned on this board.
    It's waaaay off topic!

23. If you guys ever have a suggestion for a wheel that B/S should make, PM me. I am friends with the owner.

24. John Denich

John Denich

Sure some steel Chevy car bolt pattern with Olds Fiestas already installed!!!

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sportscar styled knock offs, "improved" Halibrand style, Bigger diameter copies of some of the OEM styles from the late 60s early 70s imports. Chrome reverse OEM style in aluminum with trick caps. And the idea of a Fiesta style flipper wheel...not bad. I can see that.

26. You've got SOME BALLS,asking about Billet ANYTHING on the HAMB! Especially wheels....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.