Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Keep cool Bob and let us know the total registration and how bout some pics.:cool::cool::cool:

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

let us know what you think about the vendor area also - I would be interested to know how full that is..............
    please take note if there are semis parked inside..........

3. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Looking forward to the Nats. You've reserved my rooms the last couple of years and I don't think we have ever really met. Let's see green 1952 drop top...shouldn't be hard to find.
    Dave

4. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

You won't have any problem spotting him Dave as he is the aged challenged fellow that has the really "kool beans" Santa Claus beard with a smile on his face from ear to ear. Oh, and usually has a beer in his hand or one close, eh Bob?

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Dave:

We moved from that Flea Bag hotel that is now called the Fern Valley Inn accross the street to the Southeast and the brand new Holiday Inn, you can find us over here and you are welcome to join us next year, the rate is a little higher but it is a REAL hotel with a bar and a pool. I'll be looking forward to meeting you.

B:)B

6. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Bob I believe I'm in your hotel as I made the reservations through you. I'll have a cold one with you tomorrow evening.
    Dave

7. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Saw a couple of nice cars headed towards Louisville this morning. I kinda wish I was headed that way, but I still have a pretty bad case of fuck'em.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  8. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Bob .... bob bob I.m so enveious I thinks that how it is spelleded, well you keep workin on the bucket the rest of your summer will be BUZY ....but fun I,m so happy for you guys my real hot rod heros ......lville willbe just fine and you have a good time wherever you go ......your pal Gord

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

from another forum

10. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

how was the swap meet today was their alot of people set up

11. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Spent most of the day walking the grounds..Vendors in the flea market were down as were vendors inside. I seriously doubt the vendors inside are "boycotting" ,I think it is reflective of the times (hard).
    I'd say about 90% of the cars were pre 49.A smattering of Cameros,GTOs,some bithcin' long roofs and some VW's.Weather wasn't bad.I'm from Nashvegas area where it has been 100+. The 92 dgrees there was like a cool snap!
    Frankly some of the biggest POS's were pre 49.
    I gotta lot of pix for later.

12. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

The vendors went to Columbus goodguys show a few weeks back. I wonder where they were today? Maybe its just hard times at NSRA events.............

13. Just got here and checked in across from the EXPO lots of nice rides. heading out to see some cruising the streets. Will post some pix tomorrow if possible.

14. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

We haven't missed many, but this year we went to Back to The Fifties instead! No K cars there! And I agree with Slammed58Buick, They waited to long and jumped to fast! We will be in Kalamazoo but it may be the last. Like others have said, there isn't anything special about NSRA now. Every little town with a Potato Festival has the same car show, just no venders. So what? That's what catalogs and the internet are for!

15. Compared to Goodguys, the NSRA sucks balls. Compared to last year's NATS, 2010 will probably suck balls.

Compared to an 8-5 "planning meeting" at work tomorrow (where I'll be trapped - in a suit & tie no less), the NATS will kick ass!!!!

9000 cars beats the absolute shit outta none, and/or work. It's all relative guys.

JH

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  16. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

how was the price at the swap meet

17. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

was their any parts for a 1939-46 chevy/gmc truck in the swap meet flea market

18. bdr1

bdr1

Leaving at 6AM for the show........ in my tow slut though

19. slobroy

slobroy

Leaving 4:00 am friday gotta mix business with pleasure.

20. Got here late Wed night. Registered Thursday morning and was 8154. I normally would have been around # 9200 on an early Wed morning registration. Been to every Nat's since 1973 so I have a pretty feel for what the crowd and cars should/would be. As always, the people doing the registration were friendly. Most of the other NSRA officals, were.....well......NSRA officals. Maybe it is just me, but some seem to have a certain arrogance about them that tends to make a person not think too highly of most of them.

No hoards of Gremlins, Pacers, Celebritys, Donks, and minitrucks as predicted. Newst car I saw today was a 72 Chevelle. Hell, if you can't like a Chevelle, there is something wrong with you.

Fairgrounds seemed about 80% as full for a Thursday compared to last year. The indoor vendor area was down just a little. Not much though. Several more tractor trailers inside than in past years. The type of vendor inside has slightly changed with the times. For example, Coy Wheels had a huge area. That never would have flown in the past. Handicapped parking area was nearly empty. What was up with that?? Handicapped mobility cart usage was at least as high as in the past. Proof that demographically we are all getting older.

The crowd inside was WAY DOWN. Not sure why because we had a hard rain early today and it should have pushed everyone inside. The swap meet, vendor wise was down for a Thursday. Off maybe 20% or more. Seemed to be more late model vehicles for sale in the swap meet than in the past.

Most all of the post 48 cars I saw were nice cars. More pre-48 POS's but there were more pre-48's in attendance so that is to be expected.

The news media now calls the event on TV and radio "The NSRA Street Rod Nationals Plus". Really pushing the fact it is now a 1980 and older vehicle event.

Have been staying at the same hotel since the first Louisville event. 1988, I think??
    The hotel parking lot tonight is 70% daily drivers 30% old cars. 5 years ago it would have been 90% old cars and 10% daily drivers. maybe a sign of the times/economy?

If on Friday/Saturday we get the huge influx of donks, Pacers, Gremlins etc I'll be the first to report back to you all.

21. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

I agree that the new stuff wasn't as "offensive" as I was expecting. There were a couple of V8 Vegas driving around that brought back some memories, and several other Mustang & Camaros that were OK to watch as they drove by, --or look away if you were so inclined. I didn't feel the urge to chase them down for a closer look but they all seemed friendly and were minding their manners.

There also was some "pro-street" fad cars (even a gasser 1980 Malibu, etc.) along with some tube-chassised race cars with license plates that were seen cruising too, --and while I wanted to turn my head, I kept finding myself looking that way because you heard the ground shaking way before they came driving by, and the curiosity always got the best of me. I didn't see any Donks or 70s import stuff, ...but that is probably because I wasn't looking.

I guess as long as the post-48 crowd stays friendly, minds their manners, and the event stays pretty much like it was this year, it will be ok. Just my lame opinion, ...and your mileage may vary!!

22. sota

sota

I have to say I wasn't really sure what to expect this year.But I'm glad I went, had a great time hanging out with great friends that I don't get to see very often.For those that didn't go because of the year change,I think you miss out ( but to each his or her own).

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

hell it was 10,000 plus cars,MOSTLY PRE 48 cars in one place.i would say98% pre 48. whats not to like!!!! some vendors that were not there this year,or i missed them,were dupont,american racing wheels and lobecks hot rod parts. thats just the ones i noticed. and thats some pretty heavy hitters in the vendor areato me the swapmeet/car corral was really,really down.hell i had a great time,i'll go back,and enjoy myself again. but to me the DRIVE there and back is just as much fun. i got off I-65 in nashville and took 31e almost all the way to l'ville (thanks for the info earl shieb) . oh what we don't see the super slab.

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the vendors have been getting squeezed for the past few years.......
    we simply cant afford to show up and pay the big money that the NSRA wants for their booths...........
    it may or may not be their problem - I am sure the price of the grounds has not gone down - so the NSRA has to pass that cost on to the vendors.

But when I can go set up at a cruise in and make a few hundred bucks and only be gone 1 day.............

I think I will do that instead of being gone 1 week to make $800

that was my net the last time I did the NSRA nats.........

that is OK - but for the length of time being gone (Tuesday to Monday) it simply doesnt make sense anymore.

Perhaps if the NSRA started coming up with a pricing system that allows guys like me to be in the hall - but in the BACK of the hall.......
    then we would gladly come back.

I am glad to hear that there was no onslaught of K cars or Fieros (oh wait - that will be in a couple more years that they are allowed in)

I miss all the cool cats from KY - but I am sure I will see em next year at the Beatersville!!!

25. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Flew over it on approach to 17L yesterday. Does that count? Looked like alot of green grass. Is the attendance low this year???

26. paintcan54

paintcan54

I am not surprized at the car count, changed up the years and still down by about 1,100 cars. I'll give hard times for some 300 cars, the rest " The people have spoken". Thoes who said they would not go, and held up to their word.. Myself I fell as if it was not that bad, but I'm rethinking my next entry and trip.

27. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Next year they are giving away the Citation on the banner!

28. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I heard this years NATS was a happenin' THING!
    [​IMG]

29. I bet that was hard to have to do. Knowing you were that close and couldn't stop by. Shoulda waved at us.

Swap meet was way off for the weekend. Spectator attendance was off on Sat as well

30. bdr1

bdr1

The show was OK, but a GIANT PITA for those who didn't/couldn't bring their car. $14 per day, no weekend pass, some outragous parking fee, and it took me over an hour to get my truck to the swap-meet to pick up some wheels.

It was 90+ degrees out, and the only place to get drinks was at the exhibitor halls, where you stood in line to pay $4-$5 for a drink.

Once all these 70-80 year old guys stop coming (from death, diabetes, heart problems, or whatever), this sport will dry up quickly. Nobody making less than $50K a year can afford the cars, parts, shows, or anything else. This show was a prime example of why 2X year old kids are getting into Hondas, and not Hot Rods.

Very Sad.....

NSRA is killing this sport for most of the younger generations. (for the record, I am almost 40)