Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SYMCO SHAKEDOWN 2.0 - upgrades include more hot rods & Deke Dickerson!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cliffy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Is she cute?

2. oh oh, I may not show up. Surprises from the Olivers usually means you wake up with a headache the next day! Let me guess, we are drinking out of a 5 gallon bucket this year instead of a paint can?

How about this for a surprise? Here is the limited edition Symco glassware available at the show! Won't last long!

I also have t-shirts in women's sizes this year...and two different styles!

Attached Files:

3. Amazing, are they expensive?

4. VERY expensive. I am giving away campsites for nothing, so I have to make it up somewhere. LOL

These are hand carved in the traditional ancient mayan way by pigmy elves from Russia. They are inlayed with real gold and silver flake hand ground and glued together with yak hoof glue. Then kiln fired in an eskimo igloo for the clear glass look.

$10 each while they last. Since they are so rare and expensive, I had only 100 made. Available now until they are gone!

5. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Can I put my name on four of those now (for me and the boys)?

The glasses, NOT THE WOMEN'S SHIRTS!

6. Ditto!

7. Dan57

Dan57

So, I didn't pre-register because I wasn't sure if I could make it until today. Turns out I can. Can I still get into the show with my car?

8. I sure hope Symco didn't float away in the storm we got last night. Boy did it rain hard!

9. Dan, Just show up.

Well Paul, my new canned ham almost did float away. It looked like Sunday after last year's show. The lower campground will be tent only for this coming weekend. We have a few campers in there, but it is too muddy to get any more in. Hope for dry, warm, windy hot days all week, if we get any more rain, the swap area will be up top in the spectator parking field.

10. Dan57

Dan57

Cliffy, Sounds good. Thanks!

11. Black Primer

Black Primer

Don't forget to bring your bug spray. The mosquitos around here are crazy! They seem to like you even more if there's a little PBR in your blood.

12. Hey Cliffy, I signed up to volunteer to work but have not heard anything. I can work fri. night after 6:30-7, I work till 4:30. Could poss. work early sat. mornin to. I will have my 10 year old son with but he can help to.

13. Hey Cliffy I *just* signed up to volunteer this morning - t shirts per usual. Sorry for the short notice but w/ the move and job search it's hard for me to plan ahead these days.

See all you jackasses this weekend. :D

14. Gerg

Gerg

you will see us jackasses this weekend, DW looking forward to seeing you

15. MissFortune

MissFortune
    from Lemont, IL

definitely noted. can't wait for this weekend...is it friday yet ?!?!

16. krooser

krooser

Just came back from the show grounds...it's drying up pretty nicely. We should be OK without anymore significant rains.

The lower campground will probably only have room for some tents... sorry.

Cliffy... we should probably cover the track this week so we can have good racing on Saturday.

Mosquitos on the other hand are BADDDD.... but I'll work on that tomorrow. I bought a bug fogger and will use it every night this week... plus I may call out the big guns... stay tuned.

17. I bet you have a barrel of DDT stashed don't you.

18. krooser

krooser

Top Secret...

Attached Files:

19. Honeyhush

Honeyhush

20. TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK let the count down begin! We will have a limited number of Shakedown suicide knobs at our booth hope to see you all there!!!! Hey Cliffy don't forget to come and get the air cleaners for the give-away flattie!!!! SEE you Thursday

21. TheFish

TheFish

Cant wait. Starting to get everything ready to rock n roll tonite. See all you early birds Thursday. Im ready for my vacation. What a place to be on vacation but the Symco Shakedown. Hey Krooser bring some of that Nancy Palosie Botox if you got any left im sure mosquitos can feast on that!

22. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I heard this show was going to be strict on the cars they let in. I would really hate to drive all the way there to find cars that don't fit the show. lol

23. krooser

krooser

We have a VIP parking area so you can bring you Pinto or muscle car and still feel like part of the show...you WON'T be... but we'll try to fool you into thinking you are...

As far as the Botox goes...if we feed that to the skeeters they will be so stiff they won't be able to fly.

24. TheFish

TheFish

Even Better

25. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Me too, months ago. I'll be there all weekend. Do whatevever, earlier the better. Just let me know... cell 470-5313 (your area code)

26. We hopefully called everyone today. If not, tomorrow will be the last chance before I leave for Symco. We have over 100 people to call and since I have a million things going on I haven't done this as early as I would have liked. We will try to be VERY flexible on volunteer time and will try to work with everyone's schedule. If you don't hear from us, check in at the gate when you arrive and we will try to hook you up.

27. krooser

krooser

Next year's featured car will be the Yugo....

28. No, Rick, it was the Le Car we decided on

29. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Well I know what to sell at Iola next year, Yugo and Le car parts.

I will have to borrow the neighbors Pro Street Yugo for next year so I can have a car that is accepted for your show. LOL

30. Bphotrod

Bphotrod
    from da U.P.

Really looking forward to this weekend at Symco. Heading down from the U.P. tomorrow afternoon and cant wait!