Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Keith

Keith

A real HOT RODDER!

2. seatex

seatex

Damn, I wondered where the hell you were going when this thread began, now I am really jealous! I was a mis-placed Texan during Hot Rod A Rama 1&2 (Thanks, Dale and the Mischief Makers!) and this show helped me stay sane while in the great No-West............
    but Bass, shit man, this is starting to look like "Easyrider" (four wheels), so I hope to fuck this is gonna be a video soon!!!!!! If so, the Mad Fabs are gonna' have to step up!
    Shit, what an inspiration! Have a blast, and you CANNOT send us too many trailers, err, uh, photos!
    Your'e gettin' it done, Son!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. NealinCA

NealinCA

Bass...must be short for bad ass!

Thanks for the ride-a-long. Makes me want to venture out of my comfort zone.

Neal

4. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Welcome to the Northwest man.
    You've put in some serious seat time. Hope to see your coupe tomorrow.

-Chris

5. Blackie

Blackie

Could not believe my eyes when I saw that car sitting in the lower parking lot in Tacoma. Awesome.

6. k-member

k-member

7. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

you have done what at least has been my dream for a long time. Im sure that everyone can agree that what you are doing is amazing. I really look up to the ability of some ones fab and design work when you and drive an old car like that across the country. I hope some day to do that with my truck also. It seems almost as if its a quest of some sort like a old western thing like a way to man hood. but instead of man hood its hot rod bad ass ness haha. good luck and keep us posted

8. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Day 4

I spent most of today relaxing and decompressing from the trip, so I don't have a lot to report. I took a couple of hours and cleaned the car up for a while.....there were a LOT of bug guts on it.

Tonight I went and had dinner with the extended family in Tacoma, then headed over to the Swiss for a little while. It was good to meet some of the people I've read about or talked to on here. Everyone I've met in the Pacific Northwest has been very friendly...the hot rodding community is going strong up here.

I'm about to crash for the night, but I did take one photo today....so I'll leave you with that. I'm sure I'll see some of you at the show tomorrow.

-Brian

Torchmen Shoebox - Tacoma, WA

[​IMG]

9. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Way cool! See ya in the morning!

10. Hotrod7

Hotrod7

awesome pictures, thanks for that. Godspeed on your trip and remember... they were built to be driven~

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Brian, That maybe only one picture, but is a DAMN cool one!

Nick.

12. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Livin' the dream. Very cool.

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hey Brian....Is that Dave York's killer Kustom your parked beside?
    say hello for me.
    Fantastic shot.

14. I want to see this as an Ed Tillrock pencil drawing in the Friday Art Show!! I would buy that one for sure.

15. mj40's

mj40's

This one says it all. Good luck and have some more fun.

[​IMG]

16. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

Brian kudo's to you for taking an awesome trip and documenting it so well!!! Awesome pictures. and i hope your enjoying yourself as much as it seem!!!

17. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Sweet! Be safe brother!

18. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let's see....leave downtown Dallas at 8:30....stuck in traffic for an hour then lunch in Childress at noon. So my math says you did a 4hr and 9 min drive (mapquest) in about 2-1/2 hours. That's sounds like a Brian Bass drive to me! BTW, you'll be receiving a ticket in the mail sir. :)

19. vein

vein

Just read your trip. really awesome! lookin foward to meet you!

20. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Thanks for the pics! You are livin my dream.

21. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Man, that's an amazing trip! You are a beast.
    What kind of gas mileage are you getting? :D

22. ckrussell53

ckrussell53

We were in Columbus Mt. on Thursday when a local fellow, Ken Hajek, said " I saw your car on the H.A.M.B.".
    I checked it out and sure enough, there was our 53 Buick.
    We were on our way home to Seattle from the Buick Nationals in Ames Iowa and a stop in Camp Point Illinois.

Your coupe looks good and sounds crisp. It just sets right. I like the Buick taillights, they make it part of the family. That was some rainstorm in Casper. The local guy said even the tornado warnings were going off.

I see you made it to Tacoma. Our family, dvs28 said they will try to find you at Hotrod-A-Rama.

There is nothing better than a solo road trip. Nothing but you and your machine cruising God's country.

Enjoy your trip, have a safe one.

Thanks for the pictures
    ckrussell

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

23. This is all way TOO COOL!!!!! Keep it up Dude!!

24. grapp

grapp

That's just awesome... I remember being 9 years old and my old man took us, mom, and brother and sister from Long Island New York to San francisco in a 74 Caprice convertable towing a Model A for a friend of his... top down for like 6 weeks... we stopped everywhere... point is... 30 some odd years later... still stuck in my head... and the old man... he didn't like major roads so we went everywhere! pikes peak, painted desert, 4 corners ect... I'll never forget it, as I'm sure you won't either!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  25. Mart

Mart

Three posts up^^^^(266)

The power of the HAMB.. Bass on a road trip.. spots a nice old Buick tooling along.. Hamber knows the owner.. then the owner signs up and posts a pic of bass overtaking him..
    Aint it great?

Mart.

26. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Tis a small world........but what a world :D

keep it shiny side up.........

27. Cool thread and trip! Hey Brian, pick up a hitch hiker or two on the way home just to keep it interesting.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  28. I think the line is "It just doesn't get any better than this!"

29. This is such an incredible story and and incredible way to enjoy it without being the shot gun rider. My 'someday" is about 2 years away...the first of many. Planning on doing same thing as BASS here... one or two in state trips after completion about June of next year, and then a long journey from Oregon to Indy, to Oklahoma/Texas, Route 66 thru SoCal, up the coast to home...hauling a teardrop to sleep in for the wife and I. Then some shorter ones... as many as we can. Cars are meant for the roads not the grass. Thats how I am building mine, and BASS, make this the first of many...dont be satisfied with just this one trip...there are many that await. Great Great story. Cant wait to tell mine when its time. Yours is now. Fantastic pix too...