Register now to get rid of these ads!

okay im a virgin!! some Drag rules questions??

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by usmc50lx, Aug 5, 2010.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Few weeks to go til my first drags and im running so heres a few questions!! Haven't got my registration packet yet, but was wondering closed car windows if they have to be up or can we run with them down?? if up i need to get glass...... the other is radiator overflow im assuming one needs to be in place but thought I'd check as for right now none is in place I can do that in five minutes...:rolleyes: Thanks in advance! Paul

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yes and yes.

3. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Now I have heard 2 people say you don't need windows up and 1 that says you do.....hmmmm....

4. Probably depends on where you run, and what org is sanctioning the event or whatever situation you're running in, but I've always known it to be windows up, and common sense says you need the puke tank.

5. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I just read the Mokan dragway rules and it made no mention of windows needing to be up. Puke tank yes...windows no.

6. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I think I know the answer, but get it from the horse's mouth. Send a PM to mokanman's son

John

7. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I've made almost all my passes at the HAMB Drags with my windows down. If I get a registration packet, I'll make some this year too!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

my windows were down...

9. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

I've been racing at Mokan for 15 years now and they usually ask you to roll up your window, the stuff they look at the hardest are radiator overflow can, battery holddown, seat belt, tires (no cords) and they really like to see plenty of carb throttle return springs, and a helmet for all roadsters and cars 14.0 and faster, and also neutral safety switches, most of it is common sense stuff, also leakers, no one wants to race there car on drips of oil or coolant.

10. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

yeah the catch can is no biggie and I figured on it,so its already in place Wed. my pattern goes to the glass guy for the one side window im missing so all is well!!! thanks fellas and I figured because every track I've been to was this way but didn't know with this being my first hamb drags, I used to have a bracket mustang so just a virgin to the venue! haha