Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pocono drag lodge reunion, august 14!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gaspumpchas, Jul 22, 2010.

1. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

The second annual Pocono Drag lodge reunion will take place on August 14,2010, at the track on Meadow Run road, off Route 115 , in Bear Creek, PA. We will be lining up the cars along this historic strip that ran from 1963 to 1972. Hours are from 9 am to 5 pm; but please get there as early as possible as parking will be first come, first served. DJ music and food will be available. In conjunction with the PDL reunion, we will have a reunion celebrating the best radio station, ever, WARM, The Mighty 590. In attendance will be celebrities from the glory days of WARM; please stop by the WARM booth. Also, we will have a reunion of the Lyndwood dragsters, which were made in Wilkes-Barre; Bob Bilbow, son of the owner of Lyndwood Welding, will be in attendance with his fathers rail powered by a blower-equipped 392 Hemi. Stand close as this piece of history shakes the ground!!
    Admission will be $5 for spectators, $15 for show cars, which includes admission for the driver. Tee shirts will be available for $15 each. We have made more parking space available for the spectators. We will be giving out People's choice trophies, and some of these trophies will be 1972 PDL class winner trophies. There will be no judging or classes. There's no date of manufacture cutoff.
    Come on up and walk the grounds of this great old drag strip. Bring your camera. For more info, call me at 845-635-3662, evenings, or email, [email protected]. I'll be on the grounds at daybreak on the day of the event, so please come early. Thanks to Ryan and the HAMB crew for letting us use the HAMB for promotion!!

Charlie Hulsizer

2. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Thanks for posting this information. I'm lookin forword to going. Heard it was great last year but it's best to get there early.

3. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Last year was jammed solid.

4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Last year was a blast, hot as hell, but way cool, great event. Thanks Charlie. Slim

5. vinmanr2d2

vinmanr2d2
    from new jersey

oh man , no offense but we rode out there on a couple hour ride and were surprised.. NO DRAG RACING ......... oh well. still a killer show. but this year on the 14th BIG DADDY DON GARLITS will be at the cabbage patch down the road with the ol SWAMP RAT ! 50th anniversary at the patch.

6. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Charlie is posting about the Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion. Please start a new thread if you are advertising another event. Last years show was clearly advertised as a reunion, not a nostalgic race event. Slim

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Ill be there!!

8. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

mazdaslam, that merc is the bomb...can't wait to see how its coming...seeya there!!!

Charlie:D

9. View from end of shutdown Friday night and Sat crowd last year. Cars were lined up to shutdown hill. Lyndwood will be back. If you'd like to know more about the Lyndwood chassis check out Lyndwood Eliminators social group here.

Attached Files:

10. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Great Pic of Bob and his dad's Lyndwood!!!

Thanks Jack

Chas:D

11. Lyndwoods WILL be back.

12. sdfs10

sdfs10

Ill be there!!!!!

13. sdfs10

sdfs10

From the shutdown hill looking back to the starting line!!

[​IMG]

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Can someone volunteer and Set a time for the HAMB folk to meet and greet. Slim

15. duffy.

duffy.

I'm prob gonna have to come check this out!

16. Charlie, what's your suggestion for a time and place for a HAMB meet-n-greet again this year ?

17. Meet-n-Greet, noon, at base of what once was the timing tower. Had about a dozen last year.

18. BTT. Who's coming ?

19. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

WooHoo!!! I cant wait!!!

20. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

a true reunion.......

21. badduce

badduce
    from aristes pa

i'll be there with the deuce bag

22. Belair-60

Belair-60

As my first post, let me say I'll be there. I was there last year, I'll never miss it. In 1968 I was 10. Used to go up with my Dad and his friend, my childhood hero, Bob Steiner. Hard to remember much of the early years, but the late 60's and the demo derbys I remember well. In the mid 60's I would set for hours in Bob's 40 something ford wrecker at the starting line area waiting for someone to break so we could go down the track and tow them back. I still remember how HOT the cab of that truck was and it smelled like grease. I do remember it was small block chevy powered. See ya's there.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  23. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

cool...............

24. sdfs10

sdfs10

I will be meeting up with my brother Mazdaslam at the WAWA in Blakeslee Rt 115 and Rt 940 at 7:30 am!!!!

25. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Could someone please give me directions from the Route 115 exit off of Route 80? Thanks in advance.

26. sdfs10

sdfs10

From rt 80 go towards Blakeslee rt 115 the track is off of Meadow Run road right turn at the blinking light in Bear Creek, PA. I can't get the road to come up on Mapquest at all.. Not sure about the gps.. Look for signs!!!!!!!

27. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I think we will be loading up our Lyndwood altered and be heading out in the morning, with a couple roadsters as well.

28. Xfuelracer

Xfuelracer

Drag Lodge Rd. is on the left as you head north on Meadow Rd. from Rt. 115.

29. skidsteer

skidsteer

It's Meadow Run Road, and its a traffic light now, no longer a blinking light. 1/2 mile from Rte 115, look for the cell phone tower on the left.