Register now to get rid of these ads!

So who has the most bad ass mill on the Hamb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Aug 4, 2010.

1. John T.

John T.

That was Milners quote from 1962. But like the Pharo's said, his time has come he's getting old...

2. alchemy

alchemy

Has nobody mentioned the blown Pontiac in Flamedabone's sedan? A wild car that he drives ACROSS the country to the HAMB Drags, then beats up on everybody!

3. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Only Milner's time was coming, not his car's. He died in Dec. 1964 (killed by a drunk driver), but his Duece is still around. I hear its still the fastest in the Valley. :D

4. I guess this one runs good (it has the tires & stance) but it sure looks stupid..... :rolleyes:

JH

5. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

How about this one?

Attached Files:

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah, but it's very tall and lots of carbs. probably another one under the blower.

7. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Take my word for it, you would not have wanted to be sitting behind it on the run before that pic was taken.
    We burnt it up in the lights on the final qualifying run at the gators. They put the fire hose to it and that is why it looks so raged. The pic is after we cleaned it up and put it back together..... what a mess. JC

8. My coupe...

[​IMG]

and my digger...

[​IMG]

9. memphisrain

memphisrain

Just finished reading about that in Canadian Hot rod or whatever it's called. Picked up the mag because of it.

Nice car!

mR

10. Kerry, how about some details? What year and size engine, what fuel pump, and what water pump/fan are you running?

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't Kerry, DW and Flamedabone have the fastest coupes on the HAMB? I would imaging that they would have some nasty motors.

12. As my Mentor (CN) once told me,
    "there is a certain prestige to having a good looking mill"​

Attached Files:

13. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Mcqueens 392 should be in the running there is a video somewhere on here of it running from the pile up last year but I couldnt find it [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  14. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Here' me chevy[​IMG]
    Here's me hemi[​IMG]
    Here's me broke.......

15. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

Mine may not be the most bad ass, but sure is fun!

Attached Files:

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

440 Cu. IN. (.060 over) 427 Chevy. '67 hi rise tri-power w/3 500 cfm Holley's, Comp Cam mechanical roller/ roller rockers, L-88 open chamber aluminum heads, Vertex Mag. Going in my '32 5w with a Doug Nash 5 spd and Franklin QC rear. Far from the most BAD ASSED but I'm hoping it will get my attention before the dirt nap. Probably won't live long enough to see it done.......I keep letting other things get in the way. Watch the obituaries...........if you see my name contact the wife............she might sell cheap.:eek::D
    I was prepared to list my Bridgeport MILL after seeing the title of this thread. Good that I read the whole thing before replying.

Frank

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  17. Best time so far is a 12.10 @ 115.10. It's not that she's the fastest, there are plenty of faster cars. It's that she's in the driven to the drags category.

Lessee, the engine is a 354 over bored to 4" (std 392 pistons) so she makes around 365. She has 9:1 compression, makes about 8# boost setup like she is. Dual Pontiac AFB's sit on the unstripped 671. The cam is pretty mild with 221 degrees @.050 and .461 lift.

The fuel pump is a small block mopar pump with a spacer I made to stand it out to the correct distance for the pump cam. The water pump was a B&M sbc pump. I've seen this style of pump being made in china these days. I say was because the shaft of this water pump broke a few years ago as I finished my burnout at the HAMB drags. The fan went staight through the radiator and killed it dead. Right now I have another sbc pump but it's just a plain aluminum pump. I thing the fan is out of a Cad. With the new aluminum radiator I had to trim the fan back a bit to fit.

Interesting thing to note on the pump. Most folks sell bbc adapters but I realised that the top bolts registered perfectly with the sbc pump holes. This way I have a stud going all the way into the block on the top hole for more strength. I made my own adapters.

18. 55chieftain

55chieftain

What about this piece of art from Jim Sibley?

[​IMG]

19. Shawn M

Shawn M

20. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Here's mine definitely not the baddest but is no slouch! 454 with flat tops and shim head gaskets about 9.5:1 cr, large oval ports with some port work, pete jackson gear drive, cam is .540 lift 296/306 adv. dur. on a 108 lsa, edelbrock street tunnel ram and 2 600 cfm edelbrocks, 3500 stall and th350 and a 3.55 rear gear, car weighs 2520 with me in it! I've got a mechanical Hilborn with a 150pump and 24as kinsler nozzles and 9" stacks that may go on this coming winter.

Attached Files:

21. Thanks for the info Kerry. I guess the same stuff could be done to a 331?

22. You bet.

23. I may just have to use your engine as a model, Kerry. I found a 6-71 recently.

24. Wicked50

Wicked50

What about Dirtbag13's engine I think that engine is Badass with all the detail it has in it

25. bb1970

bb1970

Not mine. But you got to love this nailhead.
    [​IMG]

26. More on the "Unique" side of "Traditional" Been like this for going on 35 years. Only S.C.o.T blown Caddy I have run across. .060 over 331 and street driven. Still get lots of positive comments as well as lots of pics. Oh Well!! Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  27. hemi

hemi

Ding-ding-ding!

You guys can pack it up.... Rare, historical, blown, injected, a technical marvel... bad ass.

Winner winner, chicken dinner...

28. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

Here is my Blown V12

[​IMG]

29. Jeff has a sedan but it is faster than a speeding bullet. They are all pretty quick and count as real drivers. Not just weekend cars.

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

V-12 triple 4 barrel Ford 427 SOHC. belongs to the Hamber known as "Lying sack" , he's the one in the bow tie

[​IMG]