Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-5 In a 40 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by r-man, Aug 4, 2010.

1. r-man

r-man
    from Derby KS

Iam looking at putting a t-5 in our 40 coupe and wanted to know where the shifter will come through the floor (I want to run the stock seat)? The motor is a 46 or 47. Iam wanting to use a mustnag t-5, wheres the place to buy the parts. Thanks

2. 8-Track

8-Track

A t5 is available with the sifter at the end of the tail shaft or you can get one with the shifter forward. i am puting the shifter forward in my model a coupe otherwise it would be into the front of the seat.

Attached Files:

3. 8-Track

8-Track

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

5. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

After you school yourself on the Flat Ernie T-5 tech, here's a few ideas on mounting a T-5 in a 35-40 frame. More than one way to skin a cat, this is how I did it...

Front view...

[​IMG]

Rear view, T-5 in place...

[​IMG]

6. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Nice clean install there, hellonwheels!

7. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Thanks Flat Ernie. And thanks for the T-5 tech, invaluable!

I used the Energy Suspension poly T-5 mount there in the last pic. I originally went to napa and bought the best stock rubber mount they had. When I opened the box, I laughed out loud! What a joke! The poly one is the real deal.

If you click on my build thread below, there are more details about the install on the first page, hope it helps...

8. We used a NWC T5 in our roadster. Donated by a late 80's S10 Blazer. With the forward shifter it works great. Sticks through the floor a perfect distance from the front of the seat (itself a cut down S10 bench seat). We had a self made center cross member and designed it around using the stock T5 rubber tailshaft mount. So far so good...
    Plan to add an aftermarket short throw shifter next.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

This is an S-10 T-5 with the forward shifter. It's in a 34 but it will give you an idea of how far in front of the seat riser it is.

10. r-man

r-man
    from Derby KS

Thanks for all the help and info. I will take a look at the the thread from Flat Ernie. Thanks again!