Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Louisville Street Rod Nationals (Meet & Greet)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel10922, Jul 27, 2010.

1. I agree i am interested in how things will be also.

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'll be there one day and/or the other. Making an abbreviated trip, the old guys I hang with are grumpy! But still nosey enough to go down for a couple days to see what happens! There will be cool cars, lame cars, cool people and dorks...I'm in.

3. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

I'll be there Sat for sure. May try to sneak off early and come down Friday. I wish I could bring the truck but it's still under construction. Maybe next year, I'm going to try and hit it hard over the winter. I will accept and greatly appreciate any help to the cause of getting my old iron up and running. If no takers it will just take me longer. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Well looking forward to seeing all the guys from the picnic and meeting some no ones. It should be another grand year.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Later,<o:p></o:p>

4. BTT for the weekend crowd. Only 4 days away.

5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

See you gents on Thursday...............

6. Retro61

Retro61

Planning on rolling in on Thursday Morning. Missed the Meet & Greet last year, so, i may have to try the Cellphone Alarm idea!
    Everybody be careful and have a safe trip!!!

7. See Ya Thursday Al,have a safe trip.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

will try to come by the meet and greet

9. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

I registered today...looks like it is going to be a good turn out - registrations were in the 7500's at 10:30am this morning. See you guys at the Meet & Greet!

HRJ

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

were here to, with the 53 chev, it is hot, and have some fuel issues due to the heat, but were still drivin, hope to be at the meet/greet, fyi: the ac is working real good in the expo building

11. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I'm gonna be day trippin' up on Thursday only.
    Wii some one go drink a beer for me there on FRI.
    I know it is a lot to ask.....:D

12. Stop by at the Rod Kings camp any time. We don't have any beer, but we do have some home brewed apple or peach moonshine!

13. bikeguydave

bikeguydave
    from Kentucky

Consider this my RSVP for a shot of that shine, and a handshake or two, Dave

14. Thanks to everyone who came out today! Don't forget we will do it again tomorrow at 12:30.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  15. Thanks for the hospitality today. Glad I did get to put a face with some of you guys. Redsled

16. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Thanks Rod Kings. It was a great Nats. after all. Great weather, people, and a lot of nice cars. Oh yeah Bob the Apple Pie was delicious! Nice meeting and seeing you all again.
    Dave

17. paintcan54

paintcan54

Well, I missed it two days in a row!!! The wife and I met up with some friends on friday and BS it away, then on saturday was downtown Louisville with some more friends and missed it again.

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so - what was the overall vibe of the event?

were there a lot of 280Z cars running around?

19. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Bob,

The apple cider shine was terrific!

Loved hangin' out with you guys. :)

HRJ

20. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I think they announced the registered cars at around 10,400. That's down from years past and I blame the 30 year rule on that. If I had to take a guess at the "late model" percentage I'd say 20%. As for the for the "vibe" it seems to me that all the folks that I hooked up with were just as cool as ever. We all had a great time. I spent 3 days bull shiting with all sorts of friends from the past and some new ones. The swap meet really was a waste of time and rather small, but their were a lot of cars for sale.The south wing vedor space seemed like they had it stretched out to look bigger than it was. I made arrangements for next year and I will go back.
    Dave

21. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I was there Wed thru Sun, didn't make the meet-greet, went to the seminars

22. ems customer service

ems customer service

i would like to thank rod kings car club for there hospitality it was super and they made every one welcome.

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like an awesome meet & greet location. Lots of trees, grass and shade. Thanks for posting the motley crew group photo.:cool:

24. andyg

andyg

it was nice meeting new friends. wish i'd known about the meet and greet. i think i was driving past it on friday or sat when the pic was being takin'. poop! next year count me in. hope everyone made it home....unless of coarse they didn't want to go back home!!! clyde i love the truck....dustin your car is killer!

25. It was great meeting you Oldmanolds had a great time at this years event.The people make it an for me the cars are secondary,I also have made arrangements for next years stay an look forward to another Meet & Greet.

26. Thanks it was nice meeting you an I enjoyed the pics of your sedan,it will be a nice car hope to see ya next year.

27. Denise ya its a great spot we have had this spot for quite awhile an no matter how hot the day its very comfortable.Was a great meet & greet some good ole KY moonshine all we needed was some of your cookies??

28. Dougan

Dougan

Thanks to the Road Kings for another great two days of "meet and greet". Glad to see everyone. Had a good time at the nats. Just couldn't get over seeing late model malibus and winnebegos cruising the fairgrounds. Still had a good time, planning on seeing you all again next year!!!

29. crazietj

crazietj

shoot I wished I would of seen this before hand. I was down there on that saturday, I could of stopped by for a visit