Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 rear end swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51chev, Aug 4, 2010.

1. 51chev

51chev
    from canada

I am looking for a rear end for my 51 chev truck and was wondering if anyone has used a gm 10 bolt out of 82 -03 4x4 blazer or jimmy.

2. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

I'm sure that will work. Put a tape to it.

3. Tons of guys use them in the cars. You might have to change the spring perches, but I believe they fit.

4. Area51

Area51
    from tx

I'm gona try a 10 bolt from a 67 camaro. I'll measure the perches and let u know

5. patch

patch

I've got an '80 Camaro in my '54 and it's a great fit ... 273's ~ great hi-way gears, spring perches have to be redone ~ other than that it's a real easy swap. I removed one leaf and trimmed the rubber bumper stop a bit.

Attached Files:

6. 51chev

51chev
    from canada

Thanks guys for the info. I have been trying to find one out of a camaro or something else like it but have not had any luck so that is why I was wondering about the 10 bolt out of the Jimmy and Blazer. The one I looked at today is a posi but don't know the gear ratio so maybe I will get it and see what we have. I am sure it is 60 inches.