Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road Kings Rod & Custom Club - Kokomo, IN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLUDICE, Jul 10, 2010.

1. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey, I hearD from the Indy Road Rockets Aug 7th you are at Buckerhill Dragway - can you post a flyer? Thanks

2. its actually aug 8th the day after the nostalgia drags at bunker we are renting out the second oldest strip in the U.S. bring your car hang out or take it down the track....let me find one of our fliers and ill post it up.....

3. I was at Grissom AFB for a year (75) and never knew there was a drag strip nearby. The only time I ever went into Bunker Hill it was to eat lunch at a place called "The Dirty Floor." They did a killer grilled Polish sausage sandwich. Still there?

4. Heres the flyer,this is not just a drag show. All hot rods and kustoms welcome,everyone is invited. Mikes number is on the flyer if you have any questions.if your staying the night i recomend staying in kokomo,plenty of hotels and restaraunts.

Attached Files:

5. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

6. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey Thanks, I'll spread the word.

7. this is a car show and drags no car? ride with someone,come hang out eat and DRINK.

8. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Bunker Hill opened up the last weekend in August of 1956. I have a trophy from the first weekend in September of same year. (see below link in my signature for details.) Track was just repaved this year. Knowing Mike, Jim and the rest of the Road Kings this will be ALOT of fun.

9. lsr1019

lsr1019

Hello Dirtbag 54 - would love to get my hands on a couple of the posters for the Bunker Hill meet. That photo on the left is my dad, Rex, in his '40 Ford coupe putting a hole shot on that Model A. You can see the original photograph at my web site, www.wrightrace.com under the career bio link. Also, a large version hangs in my shop...it's a classic shot of 50's drag racing. The Kokomo paper asked to use the photo a few years ago for a story on Bunker Hill's 50th anniversary. Hullinger's would know for sure, but I believe dad was involved in the 2nd or 3rd official "pass" on the day Bunker Hill opened. Let me know if you have a couple of exta flyers - be happy to buy them if necessary. Thanks! Doug Wright

10. im sure there are plenty at the shop we can send you , just pm me your info, or come one out for the event......

11. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I used to race there in the early 80's at ISRA events. I raced a '55 Chebbie then. I will be bringing my '63 Galaxie and racing with the Road Rockets. See y'all there.

12. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey Road Kings thanks for a great time today. Maybe next year I will break the 50 mph barrier! Great time, great place, and great people - Thanks again.

Attached Files:

13. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Got that brick in the 12s yet????:D

14. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Also a great big thanks to the Road Kings from me for putting on this event. The '56 was running great. A" good time was had by all"!

15. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Hey Jim, we ran a best time of 8.08 in the 1/8 mile. What does that equate to in a 1/4 mile? Was having trouble with the tranny not going into high gear but we have that straightened out now. I figgure we should be in the 12's at Mokan if they have the track prepped any at all. 'bout time you got that ha/gr rail out for a little fun. I would run you in the Galaxie but then I would feel bad when I beat 'ya. After all you only got 6 spark plugs in that thing!!!:p:D:D

Thanks to the Road Kings for a fun Sunday at the drags...lets do it again next year.

16. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey Road Kings - whats your web site - I want to see some pictures from yesterday - Thanks

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010