Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rich Pichette Funeral Messages to post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ritpichette, Aug 1, 2010.

1. If you would like to have a message posted at the funeral and reception,
    please write here and i will print them for everyone to read.
    Lets get the word out for all to see that are not on the HAMB

Thank You
    Pichette Family

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. bob-o

bob-o

Rich,

You helped keep traditional hot rods and kustoms goin. You and everyone with the West Coast Kustoms Cruisin Nats in Paso helped bring them back from near extinction at a time when aluminum wheels, pastel paint jobs and tweed interiors were all the rage. Who knows where this hobby of ours would be without the help it recieved from you? You will be missed Rich. Thanks for everything! God speed.

bob-o

3. Jay71

Jay71

Rich
    I have never met you in person, but you still had a profound effect on me. Because of you I have some of the best memories of my life. Cruising Paso with my dad who has now passed. Hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones, sitting up on the balcony of the Paso Robles Inn having a cool beer and watching all the action below. These memories I will cherish for the rest of my life. I would not have these if it wasnt for you. Thank you so much for your vision and the legacy you left behind. My thoughts and prayers go out to Penny and the rest of the family. R.I.P. Rich

Jay

4. Deadender60

Deadender60

My life literally changed the first time I went to the West Coast Cruisin' Nationals.

Chances are without Rich Pichette or West Coast Kustoms there would be no Deadend Magazine.

Cruise In Peace.
    -Juan

5. chip chipman

chip chipman

In the early 90's at Paso a few guys from SOCAL showed up in some rough looking rods. They wanted in the show. There was allot of people that said no, they don't fit our image. Rich said, these are the cars i remembers growing up with, homebuilt. They were welcomed. They got some press. The next year more showed up. Rich was told to put them in one section buy themselves, He said no. THEY CAN PARK WHEREVER THEY WISH. They got more press. Rich was a visionary an because of him many young builders seen these cars in the press around the world and built there own Rods and Customs. So like it or not, not only did he revive the 50's style Customs. He also is the major reason for the resurgence of the homebuilt Rod and lifestyle. Thank You RICH for making me a club Rep. Even that he had to put his foot down. Chip, Sacramento

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  6. I was a Lowrider in the very early 70's. Gave it up for street racing, which I successfully did for many many years. So, I just stuck with "performance" type stuff.............for a long time........til I went to Paso for my 1st time in 2001. WOW, I was floored at the current popularity in the Lowrider/Kustom/Lead Sled style perpetuated by Rich and his club, West Coast Kustoms. It got me right back into it. I've had now many Lowriders since. Thanks Rich for keeping it alive for us.

[​IMG]

7. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Wihout Rich, WCK and the Cruisin Nationals I would not be the same person I am today.
    RIP

8. Rich thanks for all that you did and the effort you put into a hobby/lifestyle that you enjoyed.hope life brought the joy of a full life and from all Ive seen you sure gave alot to enrichen everybody that contacted you in their life...Kent Meacham (aka Meatball)-pres. Over the Hill Gang Tucson

9. tinguy

tinguy

Rich
    I met Rich about 30 years ago. Important day in my life! He got me reinvigorated and back building again. At that point in time kustoms and kustomizers were an endangered species. I am sorry I never got a chance to thank you for the chance to be 20 again! Thanks for the memories! Kustoms forever! RIP We miss you.
    tinguy Paul Bragg

10. Chopit Jr

Chopit Jr
    from SoCal

Rich was a true leader in the Kustom world. The Kustom scene would not be half of what it is today without him and West Coast Kustoms. He brought true Kustom people together and created countless memories over the years. Anyone who has ever attended Paso understands the magic Rich created for his fellow Kustomizers. He will be sincerely missed. God Bless.

The Chopit family

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thank you Rich and Penny for Paso.....it was a sickness given to me and my wife and we apreciate it very much. We love you Penny and keep up the tradition. See you in Heaven Rich.

12. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

"PASO" was the greatest gathering of custom cars in Ca.. The show in the park, the cruise down the main street of town will never be forgotten. All thanks to you. Thanks.

13. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

The kilgers will be there, dad got his pink shirt out, I remember Dad and I going to the Jet Drive in, and the early years of paso, were I put on the model car show for Rich and Dad parked cars. How paso has changed the custom car history is unreal, old customs found, old customs being restored, new ones being built. yes Rich its all because of you.

14. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

Paso did for me what church does for most....and I found new religion there..and I must thank you for that...
    Godspeed and Cruise in Peace

-David

15. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

In the dark years when traditional hot rods and customs were not wellcome, Rich kept the torch lit for people who apreciated the 50's, and gave us a safe haven with his show. His memory will live on as long as we drive our cars. On behalf of all the car clubs, we will always be his gratefull followers. Miguel and the Lifters car club.

17. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

A message from Frank De Rosa Sr., West Coast Kustoms Member #47 & 48 (Frank & Sue De Rosa)

Years ago, Rich approached me & Zocchi in Oakland saying he wanted to start a club. I was apprehensive because I didn't want to join just a So Cal Car Club and it have no Nor Cal members are customs. I could have been in top 10 to join and after really doing some research and getting to know Rich...We were #47 & 48.
    No Regrets! We went to Casa de Fruita in San Jose, Lake Naciemento down 101, Paso Robles for many years and finally I hit Santa Maria at the age of 82 ~ I couldn't be prouder to be a part of West Coast Kustoms and to have been able to call both Rich & Penny my friends. We've had some GREAT times through the years!
    Years ago I nominated them as a pair for a Hall of Fame. It was only fair that Penny be right along side of Rich. She has proven herself to be one of the strongest and most dedicated to keeping his legacy alive and....cruisin'! She's taken great risks so that we has car enthusiasts have something that isn't So Cal or Nor Cal but CALIFORNIA and beyond......

There is no more Oakland Roadster Shows in this area...and West Coast Kustoms has started something that will live on hopefully for years after I'm gone.

I dug thru pictures, magazines, letters and collaged 2 boards for Penny full of memories of Rich. I hope she gets it in time for his send off. I'm there in spirit. I will do what it takes to back the family in the future...West Coast Kustoms will live on and so will Rich's legacy with his wife, kids, grand kids and great grand kids...along with their extended family...US the WCK family!

May you be cruisin' in heaven my friend...

Frank De Rosa Sr.,
    August 6, 3010

18. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

"Miles Of Smiles" my friend....Frank De Rosa Sr.,