Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thanks to everyone who attended Midnight Mass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Aug 2, 2010.

1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Can't think everyone enough for coming out to our 7th Midnight Mass. Yeah, I know there were a couple of little issues, but nothing we can't fix come next year.

We estimate there was over 600 cars that attended. I say estimated because we registered over 500 and quite a few came in after we stopped taking registration. Maybe the numbers higher, I don't know.

I have to give a big thanks to the Alley Cats and the rest of the volunteer staff we had this year. They were able to get the cars parked pretty smoothly and were willing to jump in and help out on anything else we needed.

Strech, our brother Poor Boy from Detroit, you'll be glad to know that everybody loved the artwork for the t-shirts and posters. We sold out of the t-shirts around 7:30 and sold about 750 posters.

Placer County Sheriff said there were no incedents and that they would have any problem with us coming back there next year.

Again, thanks to everyone who supported our show this year and to those that have supported us through the years.

2. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Had a great time at the show Bruce. Thanks for all of your hard work to put on the show to give us a place to hang out and get loose. I thought everything went real smooth. The only thing that bothered me was too much sun. But, not much you can do about that. :) I will probably bring an "easy up" next year.

Mike

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  3. SN001

SN001
    from Nor Cal

THANK YOU!! The show was awesome! We had a great time. Unfortunatly we had to leave early, so we did not see the awards. Do you have a list of the trophy winners Or pics of the winning cars? Thanks again!

4. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Bruce, this was my first time attending, and I will defenitly be back next year. we parked way in the back gravel lot and walked in, and for the $5 it was well worth it. I am going to make sure my wagon is ready for next year.

Brian.

5. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Well the good news is that it looks like we'll be back to the same location next year. Talked to all of the Placer County Sheriff's there and they said it was the best run most well behaved crowd for this size they had ever seen. They could not believe that as many people with as much alcohol hao smooth everything was. Most of the time they were just sitting up on the grass checking out the eye candy.

So that means we can improve on some of the little things for next year like more lights and easier parking. Just let us know what else needs fixing so we can bring you the best show we can.

Thanks again to all that attended and we hope to see you next year.

6. Conrad Birdie

Conrad Birdie

[ Just let us know what else needs fixing so we can bring you the best show we can.

Thanks again to all that attended and we hope to see you next year.[/QUOTE]

Bring back the same quality of bands as the prior two years... Blasters, Big Sandy, Wayne Hancock etc.. Other than that keep up the good work..

7. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Actually we were talking about that last night. Maybe only three bands with longer play times.

8. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Glenn and crew from our Florida chapter made up the best engine trophy for the show. Here is the finished product after Eggie got done pinstriping it.

40097_132951963407943_100000794218209_68451_7061710_n.jpg

9. Creature13

Creature13

Thanks for the great time... once again!! I brought my kids with me from Reno and They had a blast too!!

10. Who won my trophy? any photos

11. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

A member from the Dukes.

[​IMG]

12. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Thank you guys for all the efforts to put on the show. It's nice to have a big/good show close to home.

I'm glad the cops are still happy and I hope they pass the word to the Auburn cops who decided we'd be too rowdy for them.

Some bigger/more obvious signs out on the road on the way in would be good. We drove past the entrance and over to the race track (dead-end) and had to turn around (with a bunch of other rods following us), had to do a u-turn at the track, go back out to the street and then once in the first gate, I followed a merc that went straight into the parking lot that's before the last gate into the show and again all the rods behind me followed the lead so we all ended up having to back up out of the parking lot to get back to the road into the show. I'm sure they all thought I was a retard (which they aren't far off) - No biggie, but some arrow signs to find your way through the maze into the show would have helped.

And more beer vendors! Man that line got long.

Thanks again!

13. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Here we go again! Every new location has it's learning curve. Bigger signs were one of the things on our "to do better' list for next year, along with more light, more beer stands, better faster registration and parking, and maybe a water truck to water the dirt road, at least before the show.

All in all, it seems that most people like the fairgrounds. We got really lucky with the weather, lets hope next year is the same.

14. Streaker

Streaker

Bruce, all the Poor Boy's, & Alley Cats,

Thanks for putting on a great show this year, again one of the best Nor-Cal shows of the year.
    I like the Fairgrounds a lot better than Cal Expo.
    Cool that it's coming back next year to the same place !

My only suggestion would be moving the band - stage area to the asphalt area, (south I believe) where the So-Cal booth was & others.
    Most of the cars are parked on the "hill" and we couldn't hear or see anything down in the "valley".

If the stage was moved to this spot, almost everyone could see & listen.
    If set-up that way and to get more room for cars, maybe the vendors could be placed in the "valley" area.
    Just a thought.

Dan