Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help identifying a car from LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbraginton, Jul 28, 2010.

1. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Louvers

You have a valid point and I agree that to adjust the body would ruin the proportions. I will undoubtedly be doing a lot of head scratching on this one. Hell the only component I even own to pull this off is the engine I'd like to put in it. Which is a 1967 Pontiac OHC inline 6. I'd like to build a similar looking car but not necessarily an exact replica. Like I said though I am a long way from anywhere and really just wanted to gather what info I could on this beautiful car. Which I now have in spades. : -)

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude, you couldn't do better to emulate in my opinion! That profile is like nails on a chalk board to me, and I mean that in a good way! I too am a freak for sixes.( although I have enough normal qualities that it might be considered latent) That's why i was thinking along the lines of the Chevy six. Almost all of the looks of the GMC, just a tad less length. But just getting it to sit that way and that killer look - wow! It's easily up there with the Niekamp car as my favorite!

3. derelict

derelict

I'm sorry that I didn't follow this thread the whole way through but you might want to check out Mike Smith of California Hot Rods in Sonora Ca. about the frame build. he's the one that did the work...

4. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

I'm glad most got my point about the statement in post #2.

Post #26 is very informative but for this:
    "The overhead cam, 12 valve Horning head . . ."
    It is actually a OHV, 12 port head(although the head did have 12 valves). As most historians on this board know there were no Wayne, Horning, Howard, etc. OHC 12 port heads made.

The Harry Warner identified in the post is my late father.

DW

5. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

Thanks Dan I just caught that it said OHC in the above post. Glad you caught that. I am unfamiliar with your father (I apologize if this is blasphemy) I'd love to know more about his participation in the development of the hot rod 6's.

6. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i actually do like the car. i was just confused as to what was going on with it and its history. i stand corrected i had not known this was a drag strip car. i think its slightly nicer now then it was, but if youre gonna do it then you might as well make it nice, so kudos.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. KIRK!

KIRK!

Typos corrected. Thanks.

8. daddio211

daddio211

9. SOUTHPAW1932

SOUTHPAW1932

I am so stoked on this car! I feel like the profile and color sceme evoke excitment and anger today let alone back in Pamona in its hay day. Treat your self to TRJ #40!