Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new 61 Galaxie (well...new to me!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cha-Chi, Apr 26, 2010.

1. el shad

el shad

Keep us posted. I'm following this one. I dig it!

2. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

X 100 Nice save at a great price Good Luck

3. caper150

caper150

WOW what a find, starting to look great, have you though about finding a piece of mesh sheet metal to use to cover where the speaker grill is missing.

4. Cha-Chi

Cha-Chi

Actually Caper, I do leather work as a side business to my firefighter job so I've decided to tool up a neat little piece of leather to cover a sheet metal box that will fit in the speaker hole and hinge in the front near the windshield edge to hold my stereo head unit. Will be unseen unless changing cd's or tuning on or off.

Took my maiden voyage out last Sunday after replacing the rear brake shoes, wheel cylinders, brake lines, and a voltage regulator. Ran out of gas in the driveway of the gas station. Needed a jump to get her going after trying to draw fuel back to the engine. Busted a seal in the PS hydraulic cylinder and discovered a leaking front wheel cylinder after a couple days of sitting. Still looking for a disc brake set up to swap over to it so it can leak for now. All-in-all, a good day and not too frustrating considering how long it's been sitting. Still got lots to do.

5. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

eci hot rod brakes has a kit for the car. Its on my mercury.