Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jag IFS in a '47 to '54 Chevy/GMC truck thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldSub, Aug 1, 2010.

1. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I hate questions like I'm about to ask, but I've been trying different searches since last night and can not find a thread I'm sure I remember seeing here a few years ago.

It was a Brit showing how he put his Chevy truck on Jag suspension.

Does anyone else remember that thread or have some idea where I may have seen it.

If everyone can fulfill the promises they made yesterday I'll soon have '85 XJS front and rear suspension that I'm seriously considering putting under my '55 1st GMC Suburban. My only cost is looking like the fuel to transport the car less than 50 miles.

I've long wanted to try this approach to an AD truck and am pretty excited to have the opportunity!

2. aldixie

aldixie

The article was in a British Magazine called Custom Car. I do have the article scanned somewhere on one of my computers. I'll see if I can find it, I used the article to put one into a 1950 Ford F1 pickup and have put one in my 50 Chevy Sedan.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, you have my attention. It looks like I'm on the wrong side of the Cascades to find an inexpensive dead Jag though. The more I see of that setup the better I like it.

4. aldixie

aldixie

Ok, I had to search on three different computers but I found the article. Here it is:-
    Ignore about the steering racks as in the UK LHD racks were scarce.

Attached Files:

5. Jag front and rears are very popular down here.
    Seems everyone is using them.
    I have them in my Lincoln coupe.
    Easy swap to do.

6. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

7. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Wow I don't remember seeing that before, but its just the thing I needed, a visual overview of the whole process.

Thanks for taking the time to find it for me!

It seems most the links I'm finding are F1 or F100. The Chevy specific article is fantastic!

Thanks everyone for your responses! If you have more I'll be happy to take the time to read them.

8. aldixie

aldixie

I used the article to put one in a F1 nearly 10 years ago. The article is about 10 years old.I originally posted the article on the ford-trucks forum and in the chevytalk forum about 5 years ago. The steering joint for the Jag rack is available through Speedway Motors. I have the same setup in the Chevy Sedan and it works really well.