Register now to get rid of these ads!

everyone dislike Joplin that much..?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rustbucketcb, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rustbucketcb

rustbucketcb
    from Joplin, MO

I stated in my "intro" that not too many people seem to be into rat rods/hot rods, or the lifestyle in Joplin MO...kinda seems like noone on the forum likes Joplin either, cause I havnt had one member welcome me, lol! ...guess Ill eventually meet people, lol.

2. Gday! Say Gday to Suit!

3. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

G'day whats near Joplin? um I guess its the "R" word thats caused silence, cant say I like them either....perhaps someone swapped the keys on your keyboard and you ment to type Rod but it came out wrong?

4. rustbucketcb

rustbucketcb
    from Joplin, MO

haha, Gday Spoogie! How goes it in the "down under"? (sorry if ya get tired of hearing that :confused:)

5. rustbucketcb

rustbucketcb
    from Joplin, MO

Gday to you too! Actually for me, its more like "Good 2 in the morning"...lol! All the Australians are talking to me! ...youre a rat rod hater too huh? gee, Ive got noone on my side. Joplin...haha...Joplin is right smack dab in the cultural burial ground of the U.S....Corn fields on one side, and same on the other..lol!

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Maryland.

Read, read, read and you will find what the site is all about.
    Guys who build unsafe POS just don't fit in around here and get weeded out real quick. The site is all about traditional built hot rods and customs.
    Tough place with a bad reputation makes it the best place on the net.

7. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

I can't say I'm a rat rod guy either but nobody welcomed me yesterday either so I'll welcome you because you like hot rods and live in MO too....

8. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

This is neither a rat rod or lifestyle forum, maybe that's the problem? I go to Joplin every August and have a blast. Nothing bad to say about Joplin, they always treat me good there.

10. Welcome aboard from OK - sorry I missed your intro - I Love Joplin

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum. Are you aware of what this particular (HAMB) group does in Joplin and Asbury each August?

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I would say this forum LOVES joplin..........I am sure there are about 100 places that would LOVE to have Ryan come into town and bring this national event. But Ryan chooses Joplin. To think that the forum doesnt like Joplin is kind of odd.

13. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Joplin SUCKS. hahaha.

14. 117harv

117harv

Welcome to the HAMB, TRADITIONAL hot rods and customs best site.

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

joplin? why would any one ever go to joplin? :)

16. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I bet the rat rodders hang out at "the falls" and the hot rodders still go out to Black Cat Road to race.

17. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Welcome friend from Tucson Az. As is mentioned above the "R" word is not embraced on this forum. Which I think is due to the fact that there have been too many poorly constructed and unsafe vehicles that have forever tainted the term. Traditional built is the "preferred nomenclature" (Walter Sobchak). Some years back I kind of liked the term and thought it lent a sort of outcast uncleanliness to those of us who went to car shows and were sneered at by the Boyd-Billet-High$$$-Paint Snobs. I myself am not offended by the term, however in respect of this forum's ideal I choose not to have it my vocabulary. Best of luck to you, please stay around and enjoy the H.A.M.B. There is valuable information here, as well as killer picture threads, and a boat load of humor!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  18. Welcome to the Traditional Hot Rod site, another vote against rat rodzzz.

19. ryno

ryno

joplin does suck, no way around it.
    the drags are the best thing to happen around here.
    shoot me a pm and we'll hook up, im in carl junction

the joplin swap meet is tomorrow and sat, if you didnt already know.

20. DougHH

DougHH

i thought we were talking about Janis Joplin here for a sec. Janis Joplin blows.

21. DougHH

DougHH

x2.
    i concur and 2nd your dislike of high end billet'sters

22. welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.
    firstnomad

23. Diamond49

Diamond49

Hook up with Ryno and you will have a good time. he's a hella nice guy.
    oh, BTW, welcome to the H.A.M.B.

24. Of course she did, bless her!

25. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Joplin is ok. lots of rods around here. the HAMB drags rock every year -- HANDS DOWN.

Lundy

26. hotrodstude

hotrodstude

i'm from ROLLA,missouri live in ga.now i miss rolla,but you have to remember this is not the 50's are 60's. try being a hot rodder in nova.where i lived for 35 years.you can not belive the b.s. i hade to put up with,but i just kept wiyj in the law no matter how lame there laws were.but the biggest bumer was after i got my consealed weapons permit,a guy in a hot rod with a gun.on the police cars computers any time a person gets stoped and has a permit the computer flashes "ARMED AND DANGOURS".so no matter how bad you have it you can always find someone who has it worst. good luck

27. hotrodstude

hotrodstude

and janis i saw her live back in the 60's twice one of the greatest acts i have ever seen still a die hard fan even today,only one act was better and that was"JIMI"

28. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

me too, lol never been there or even the state,

but welcome nonetheless, rustbucketcb! even if you did utter the R word:eek::D
    -from texas

29. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX----i read a lotof replies to threads, and ratrods and all that implies has no place on the HAMB. the ones I've seen in person look flatass "unsafe"

30. Well I must admit that I missed your first post, I know I wouldn't have passed up the opportunity to crumb you over using the "R" word ;). As far as Joplin goes I like both of them Janis and Mo.. Belated welcome to ya if ya promise not to cuss anymore! R*t R*d, well I never.... :eek: