Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rocket's Beer Box Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketPinstriping, Jul 31, 2010.

1. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

Here is my Model A build thread:D... well not yet:cool: but i have had some free time so i took up a new hobby, like i needed another... so i built this early A with some glue,scissors and a 6 pack of PBR...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw Sandys can cars and tought i could do it too, but um... cans ar hard for me to work with:( so i finnished off the 6 pack and decided to use the box from it...

anyways, there was no real plan of attack for this model and inaccuracies and proportional problems came from that and im trying to address those in my next few models. was 100% scratchbuilt... i took the easy way out on the wheels to save time but i regret that now... currently building a 30-31 Model A pickemup... vastly improved detail and accuracy of the flatty, some improvements to the interior and wheels will be more correct with drums... suggestions welcome:)

2. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Killer work!
    Your "A" gets an "A!"

3. sololobo

sololobo

P.B.R never looked better, fastest suds in town. Make art not war!! ~Sololobo~

4. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

thanks guys :) working on the A pickemup and a Phonebooth T pickemup tonight...
    i apologize for the one big picture blowing out the proportions of the trhead... im still new at posting and forgot to downsize the last one... ill try not to let it happen again...

i have a habit of getting ahead of myself and thinking a few projects ahead but im thinking A100 Pickemup or some other squared off thing maybe an AWB Chevy II, 65 Coronet hdtp or Barracuda... just to test my Cardboard fab skillz lol
    any other vehicle suggestions welcome.
    i have some other OT models i am finishing like a Type 82 VW Kubelwagen and a RAF Se5 biplane so im willing to try anything :)

thanks again guys!

5. ScottV

ScottV

Judging from the cowl I'd have to say Cabriolet ... or is it a Coupester ??? :p

I like the curve to the frame rails !!!

6. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

i guess id say Coupester, when i found it a tree had fell on the roof so off it came!:rolleyes: lol
    and some cars, like some women look better when they go topless:cool:

7. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocket that is to kool. Why PBR box instead of a LoneStar box ? You are in Texas .I am just jealous of your skills .

8. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

i just hadnt bought lonestar that week :) but yeah, im more Shiner than lonestar but they are both top notch... will be doing a few from Shiner, LS, BL and Coors in the near future. i even have a Pearl box waiting on a special enough project, hard to find in waco, gotta pick it up while in dallas, which aint very often :(

9. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Really??? Just buy to much beer like the rest of us, drink it, fall down. No arts and craftes.

10. aceuh

aceuh

I dig it man.... Add these pics to the art show next friday!