Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sedan - Roof = Tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim Rocheford, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tim Rocheford

Tim Rocheford

It looks like it's time to start planning the next project. After looking at my pile of stuff, I have just about everything I need to put car together, including a '29 2 door sedan with a bad roof. I'd like to cut the sedan at the belt line and build a tub. Anyone out there done this before? The biggest stumbling block seems to be not making it look like a sedan with the roof cut off. That means thinning out the doors and altering the windshield. Any advise or pictures would be a great help.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Not mine but it's the best job that I remember seeing of a converted sedan. The doors are always the give-away.

3. My sons 31 seems to work well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  4. Joe Kress did a nice one in American Rodder. I have the issues if you need copies.

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The results will look like crap. Trust me. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Tim Rocheford

Tim Rocheford

The pictures are great guys, thanks. I'm thinking highboy style with a severely modified cowl / windshield. I'd like to figure out how to use a roadster windshield. The stock "A" pillar always looks too bulky for me when a closed care is opened up. Right now I'm cutting up 1:24th scale models trying to get the a look I'm happy with.

TMan, I'd like to see that article, I'll drop you a message.

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Damn, that cars tuff, Brian.

8. henry29

henry29

Here's one Foose did on Overhaulin,

[​IMG]

9. Don't know if you're still playin' with this idea, but here's another one. The windshield treatment looks very clean. A shot during construction and then finished. Not mine, just one I found crusin the net.

Attached Files: