Register now to get rid of these ads!

Latest Hot Rod to leave my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58fed, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Awesome build, it has the look........ ALL STEEL.....SWEET!
    Maybe some Gold-leaf #'s & class letters hand lettered on the doors?

2. What an awesome car! I bet the owner is happy. Like everyone else I would love to see some build pics.

3. Nos...........Do you think you can make Leon's look as presentable as your red one?
    I guess it's all in the size of the customer's check book.

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

5. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

Jim, I can make his truck look that good, it won't take that much to get it there.

I am in the process of downloading pics from my old floppy discs. And then I have to e-mail them to myself so I can load them on my new computer. I npromise I'll get some up asap.
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, its much appreciated.
    This isn't the only Willys out of my shop, I have a 40 pick up, I have another coupe in there now, I have a pick up and a sedan coming in shortly.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

7. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

Here are a couple pics of when I first got the car in. The "A" pillars were cut apart and hacked up behind the firewall they (the previous owner) installed. The floors were the direct sheetmetal replacement pieces, they mig welded them in without stopping the welder so they were warped horribly then they stuck 2" flatbar underneath to try to plug weld the seems to flatten them down, it didn't work. The doors didn't fit the holes so they were stuffed in and screwed to the door frames. The tailpan was swiss cheese and the drivers quarter was made out of bondo with galvy flashing as a backer. Had to totally cut out the "B" pillar as it was hacked beyond recognition. The floors between the "B" pillars were 3/16" plate and when the welded it in, the "B" pillars were 4" too wide. The whole roof on the p-side above the door was sagging down, you would have sworn it rolled onto the roof on that side except the sheetmetal was crushed. The trunk floors and inner fender wells were trashed and almost non-existing as well as the tailpan being made prtially out of bondo with no metal behind it. The deck lid skin was rotted at the botom and there was no inner skin. There was a ton wrong with the car, nothing was square or symetrical, everything was made of bondo and hack fabrication.

Attached Files:

8. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

couple more. The frame was a disaster too.

Attached Files:

9. Damn, nice work!

10. Morris

Morris
    from UK

Excellent save!

11. Dayuuum!! Sweet!

12. Brad saves another Willys from becoming an organ donor.

13. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

I have one more coupe in the shop now recieving a blown Hemi and then I have a sedan coming in for the "gasser" treatment. My Willys is coming along slowly, making some room to bring it back to the shop.