Register now to get rid of these ads!

happy retirement to me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Jul 30, 2010.

1. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Congrats, I left Ford after 32 years now every day is Saturday.

2. Congrats. Hope you enjoy the next chapter in your life's journey.

3. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Jack, Congrats on this special time in your adult life. You have earned the time to do what you want and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.
    Looking forward to some build posts here on the HAMB from you.

4. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Congrats!... Everyday is a Saturday now... I resigned from EMC2 Corporation 5 years ago TODAY, in Kansas Sucky!... Retired at 60 and not looking back.:).. ENJOY THE RETIREMENT!...(duane)

5. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

i dont think there will be such thing as retirement when i get there:(

6. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats now get those wenches spinning.

7. I officially retired 14 years ago; but worked harder (but without stress) for 10 years afterward; but now I spend almost everyday in my shop and I am as happy as I ever could hope to be.

Congratulations!

8. gsport

gsport

congrats.... it only gets better now. i retired 3 years ago at 54, and loving every minute of it....

9. toledobill

toledobill

Congratulations! I pulled the pin five years ago at 65, and the only problem you'll have is trying to figure out how you ever made room for eight hours of "work" for the forty-plus years of employment you put in. Seriously, there's no room in a retirement day for that much grief.

Now get out there in the garage and ENJOY!

10. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Wow, you missed the last "Twin Beech" goin' out the door by only about four years, but ya probably still saw a bunch of 'em in your early years. Walter, Olive Ann, Staggerwings, even Starships...they're all gone from the hangar now. Beech just ain't Beech any more. Was probably a good time to go, anyway. I just left the FAA three months ago today. The stress was gone the next morning. You did the right thing, you lucky dog...enjoy! DD [​IMG]

11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Congradulations, you "Son of a Beech". Sorry, could'nt resist. Butch/56sedandelivery.

12. I retired at 50 - I'm 52 now and have just started to draw my pension. It helps that my wife is 20 years younger and in a very well paid job ;-)

I retired early because we had a daughter and it just made sense for me to stay at home and look after her - the sort of job I did was naturally coming to an end and my wife's career was taking off. If we'd both stayed at work then child care would have been around $1500 per month over here.

Our daughter is just 2 now and I don't get that workshop time I'd like but in another couple of years she'll be helping me out - maybe I can let her do the tack welding by then!!

Problem is that having sort of retired I now couldn't go back to regular employment when the little one starts school. In the five years before I retired I was working for myself, holding very large management consultancy contracts with the UK Department of Health -so I pretty much decided what I would do on a day to day basis. It's a big leap from that to being told what to do by some jumped up little office boy. So I think I will look for something I can do on my own - I've started making tuning parts for the Citroen 2CV and may well expand that.

13. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Congrates now you can do what you really like, I retired in 94 and have really had a good time!
    "Doc" Parsons

14. I retired 3 years ago when I sold Rod 'n Race. Got bored after about a year and I'm working again and couldn't be happier.
    I hope reality equals your vision of retirement.

15. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I've been retired for 7 years after 43 years on the job. You will enjoy every day of your retirement, wondering why you didnt do it sooner. Congrats on joining the club.

16. yblock292

yblock292

life is good, i'm just really looking forward to it all matter of fact, i'm going go get started right now!
    Thanks guys!

17. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

Hummmmmm
    After scanning through this thread, I decided that I should check my own retirement situation out!!
    And according to the way I have invested all my capital, and with my vested retirement portfolio, and all my savings and retirement funds, I have determined that I may be able to retire, when they throw the last shovel of dirt, on my grave.

18. congratulations YBlock on your retirement!
    More time to do what you enjoy!:D

19. Congrats ,You worked hard for it now enjoy the freedom. As for me I am on the freedom 85 plan pretty much like Shade Tree, so I am envious. Take care, Rob.

20. Congrats, I get to retire in 10 mos. After 48 yrs of working I can't wait to NOT have to go to work.

21. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Must be something wrong with me! I could retire, but choose not to. I would miss the inter action with co workers,the challenge of solving complex issues and having a place to go every day. Most of all I would miss mentoring and encouraging the younger generation where I work.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on the "official" retirement. But it looks like you will be working harder now than you did at your day job. Most likely a lot more fun though.

I've got two years and four months until I can make the big change.

23. gary mundy

gary mundy
    from Kansas

Enjoy that retirement. Live it one day at a time. Been retired 11 years. Love building sleds

24. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Congrats on your retirement. Welcome to the club, been enjoying it for 3 years now. Have a blast!:D

25. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Congat's Just don't let your friends know or you will never have time for your self. 16 years and still enjoying it.

26. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

Lets say I retire at 60..... 40 years! Damn,,,,,, but I want it NOW!

27. yblock292

yblock292

but its really hard work!

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

damn jack...didn't realise you were THAT old :D

I'll never retire...can't afford it

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. skidsteer

skidsteer

That's what I tell everyone who asks me how I like being retired!

30. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Heres to your retirement being as long as you spent on the job.
    Congradulations.
    Stay away from the wife's cabinets. She dosent want them rearranged.