Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with flat black primer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kpapesh, Jul 25, 2010.

1. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Just in case anybody forgot. Read OPs fuckin' question.

Then, for you guys that offered advice to the contrary, chimin' in with all of your holier-than-thou attitude about whats bad about primered flat black, (which he didn't ask for)

I think his response was appropriate. He didn't ask, you volunteered "advice" that he obviously didn't want. But you offered it anyhow. I doulb seriously that it was offered as just 'advice'. I read the 'advice' and saw it for the most part as an attempt to express an agenda; disrespecting flat, lobbying for shiny paint.

It's the same old shit from some of you guys. A question comes up on how to adjust mechanical brakes and some asshole jumps in with his 1/2 cents worth about how they are unsafe. Another guy wants to know the gap on the breaker points and the bullshit vendors jump in selling HEI distributors. Give the man some slack insead of whimpering about his inability to communicate in a "politically correct" manner.

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

True, but the first step in getting the proper answer is knowing how to ask a proper question. The point is, flat black primer paint will inherently never stay looking that great and was never meant to. If he really just want's to improve the looks of the car and keep it looking that way, that is specifically why they invented shiny paint and exactly why primer was never meant to be a finish coat in the first place. As a good compromise, go with a suede. That is exactly why suede paints came out for the guys who wanted a decent non-shiny looking finish.

Some guys did step up and give him the exact answer he was looking for, which is appropriate, and then others actual gave him some actual good advice. No need to get all defensive when the fact is we all know primer was never meant to and never will be a good, easy to keep looking decent paint job. No amount of 'because I just like primer' is going to change that. One should know when they are potentially asking a loaded question, they might get some undesirable responses back. No big deal, just roll with it and keep the gutter talk to oneself, just not needed and certainly won't win any friends.

3. kpapesh

kpapesh
    from Ohio

29 thanks for the support. I'm a little tired of the "holier than thou" as you spoke about. Some of these guys are just ridiculous in their spouting off with worthless opinions. Had I asked what people thought of primer black paint, then I would expect some opinions. However, and as I stated earlier, this car is a work in progress and to avoid putting the cart before the horse, it will be primered for a while. I just want to know what's the best way to help it look as good as it can until I can get paint on it. I do apologize for my choice of text, but for some of you being told to go screw is all too familiar. Guess I got your attention. I'll be in Louisville and happy to listen to all of your opinions on my crappy little car in person.

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

He asked how to care for black primer. We told him to cover it up with paint. That's the best way to care for black primer since it is designed to be covered with paint, that's why it is called primer. I don't see what the problem is. Duh.

5. weezer

weezer
    from Conway, SC

I actually did a search on this exact same topic and was led to this enlightning discussion. This is fun! "...go fist your mothers..." HA! he made snot come outa my nose! I gotta write this shit down!