Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Door Merc In-Progress Chop Pics???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy54, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

**JUNE 2011**

***UPDATED*** From info of how to chop a 4 door to progress pics of my buddys chop!!!

Ive been doing searches for "in-progress" pics of 4door Mercs being chopped and cant really find any detialed photos....Im trying to help out a buddy who is about to chop his by lending some HAMB experience as I think it will be greatly needed so the chop does not turn out fukd up! Choppin a 37 Dodge truck is alot dif then a 51 More Door Merc!! Anyone have some build pics I can pass on?? Thanx :confused:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. I think I may have some saved that I saw in the past, let me dig into my stash

3. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanx Justin...any sort of pics to show cutting ideas would be awesome..still planning the move to FL??

4. still searching I could of swore I saved some once upon a time, I just picked up a 1950 Merc 4 door so I def. need to find them for myself as well...yep still moving to FL but just not until January now

5. brokesville hooligan

brokesville hooligan

i'll see if i can dig mine out and send em too ya .

6. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Check out Elpolacko's Industrial Chassis Facebook page. He is doing a 4-door Merc in his shop as I type this. His new body man is doing the work. Elpolacko may have more pictures available that he may be willing to post.

7. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Cool, Id apprieciate anything u all can find....
    Brooksville, your car looks killer bro and I could see some of the roof cuts in one of your photos,Thanx
    Lifestylz...I actually went thru that thread last night, alot of nice cars but no roof chop pics..I did not want to bug anyone directly, Maybe ill check profiles and albums thats a good idea!
    AZAV8...Ill check out elpolackos site..he builds some nice stuff,Thanx

8. I intend on doing a full thread on the chop when we are done.

9. That looks awesome!!!!

10. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

You def should, chop looks awesome...The link you sent was super helpful too, looking forward to seeing more of your work ! Thnx again

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Ok so I started this thread last summer to get some info for my buddy who was attempting a chop on a 51 4 door Merc....I didnt get alot of replys but what I did get was super helpful from a very smart guy, Steve (ELpolacko) from Indusrtial Chassis!

My buddy has been building custom bikes for a decade and has added hotrods to his interests in the last year or so. You can see his first build, a 37 Dodge P/U in one of the pics below. Im posting photos of how his chopped turned out so this thread is a little more informative. Maybe it will help for any others looking at doing the same or just something to look at for chopped merc lovers!

12. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Ok so Im not saying this is the best of craftsmanship or the best style or flow...there just pics for common interest.

His Merc ready for cut...The 37 Dodge was his first build he finished last year.
    [​IMG]

Roof cut and set inplace
    [​IMG]

B piller cut out and lowered
    [​IMG]

Opening size determined by a can of PBR!
    [​IMG]

13. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

The 49 back glass frame being installed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The flow looks good to me..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Heres a shot of Jay in a field in northern Maine (way up in the middle of no-where!) where he score the field full of old cars, some rusted to no end and others saveable! The prob is getting them out and on a trailer then haulin them back to southern Maine (6 hours away).
    Heres a great donor car to take a window frame out of.
    [​IMG]

Headlights being frenched
    [​IMG]

Taillights re work..Im not sure what was done tho..
    [​IMG]

15. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Here is what the body looks like now..he just sent me these....over all I like what he did and the turn out, Im not sure how I felt about the hood treatment at first but its grown on me, the only other part Im sure will get brought up is the fact that he didnt round the rear door frames to match the front, but it all seems to flow pretty well otherwise, Jays style for being a Maine boy has always been ahead of the curve there....although that does say much for us Mainers!! :confused: Things are a bit slow to reach up there:D

Hes going for a all black look with satin to gloss contrast....The rims bumpers and grill are being powdercoated in gloss black and running a set of white walls. Over all the coolest ride in the area for sure!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  16. BEAR

BEAR

17. alchemy

alchemy

The hood looks like a Hudson. But 99 percent of the public will say the rest of the car does too.

18. What is that on the front of the hood? Hudson or Lincoln? Looks great!!! Nice chop for a 4dr. Shouldn't say that.....nice chop,PERIOD!!!!

19. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

The front is just molded into a design he thought would look cool and make it a bit different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

A few updates...

Jay got the bumpers, grill and spots powdercoated gloss black and back on with the new white walls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. williebill

williebill

Like it,but please,please....... chrome

22. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Agreed! His first custom....not alot to compare to up in Maine tho:rolleyes: